Thread: Not able to remove "Flex Data Visualization Trial" watermark

Not able to remove "Flex Data Visualization Trial" watermark

I can't be able to remove out the "Flex Data Visualization Trial" watermark. I don't have any idea about this. Actually, this one watermark comes on the display when I am going to try to work with datavisualization elements , i.e. , advanceddatagrid. Though I am running with the flex builder professional license. Please tell me, how I can remove this watermark? Please help me ..

Thanks and Regards,

Re: Not able to remove "Flex Data Visualization Trial" watermark

Hi everyone, I need to ask something , how to remove out the message that comes up when I try to generate the Active Flex Report directly from WebFocus, when I select the output format as Active Report Flash/Flex and create report there is a message display when I created a Pie chart "Flex Data visualization Trial"..Any help would be appreciated ..

You know, the same thing is reported by several users on different websites and in same way , you are also getting now. There is only one method to get rid of such type of watermark message, and that is , you need to just install a licensed copy of the flex builder utility from Adobe on you server system. This is not a webfocus stuff and not a webfocus associated problem here . This is the way flex builder software works.

If you are already running with a licensed copy of FLEX Builder then there is a configuration file which will help you and you have to just enter a valid Flex Builder license key into that . You need not have to install a complete blown copy of Flex Builder on your server configured system. I do not recall the name of the file, but once you have the key open a case with IBI and they will ask you for which one file, where this is and where to associate this in the file..

Issue, the 24-digit Flex Builder license number in the licenses part of the
    flex-config.xml file, along with the Flex product name within the lower case, as flexbuilder3, I got this in the following location : \ibi\srv76\home\etc\flex\frameworks directory. It should seem something as stated below:

<licenses>
    <license>
    <product>flexbuilder3</product>
    <serial-number>0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000</serial-number>
    </license>
    </licenses>

Just make sure that the licenses part of the flex-config.xml file is not commented out by browsing the xml file with the help of browser,just as Internet Explorer, or an XML editor. Save the flex-config.xml file, relaunch your reporting server and application server then after launch the Flex process to verify valid output.

The only method through which I could destroy the watermark was going through the following:

Update license.properties file
    Update the flex-config.xml in the SDK/features directory (it's not pretty sure that it can be helpful )
    Add the suggested below to the compiler within the project=>properties=> Flex Compiler

Add the additional compiler statements :

-license=flexbuilder3,000000000000000000000000

I am able to destroy this and still seems to be functioning.