Thread: InDesign CS5 crashes while launching

InDesign CS5 crashes while launching

There is some problem with InDesign CS3. I am trying to install this. Once the setup is over when I try to launch the same it crashes after 5-6 seconds. I am not able to figure out what is the reason behind this. I had tried finding out ample of steps to fix the issue but nothing looks to be working. I hope that I am doing a lot of things properly but it is not working. Each time when I am trying to make it work it crashes. And I am not able to use it. I think I am trying to use it properly. The setup is fine here but still the issue not allowing me to use it.

Application crash can be due to various reason. Like the app files are not proper or there is some issue with OS compatibility. A quick way to resolve this issue is by running a repair setup. That will usually help you more in fixing the issue. You can just overwrite the existing setup. Just run the setup once again and then test back. Do not forget to restart your pc after doing this. Because it is necessary. Go on the official site and check the system requirement. Sometime this kind of tools need a latest version of Windows component.

Re: InDesign CS5 crashes while launching

1 - Have you tried to turn all the InDesign prefrence ?
    2 - did you reinstall InDesign ?
    3 - it would not conflict with the opening of a typo in your doc?
    4 - in this as what is your manager?

Hello everybody, same problem: I just installed Leopard on my MacBook and then reinstall all the CS3 apps work well apart Indesign (which worked very well before Tiger). As soon as I run it, after 4 or 5 sec. He told me that the application has unexpectedly quit. Nothing was done, I reinstalled indesign, uninstalled and reinstalled the entire suite, and it will not work yet. Have you found a solution since?

It is a bit old, but in fact I found a solution. My problem was that the Mac was a supplier poorly organized and that all its policies were in the system folder. In other words, there was to drink and eat in there. So I remove all the fonts that were not used by the system and everything is back to normal. I installed a font manager then as the Linotype, which has the advantage of being simple and free.