Thread: Acrobat 9 Pro Extended - importing an .avi movie

Acrobat 9 Pro Extended - importing an .avi movie

I am using the Acrobat 9 Pro Extended which i am using with the PDF file open. What i was trying to make is to insert a video into the PDF file and deciding the area tat should be cover on the page but when i am performing the same i am getting the error which is prompting me to install the Quicktime plugin. I have downloaded the Quicktime from Apple but still getting the error with same. So help me with the solution of it. Thank you.

Re: Acrobat 9 Pro Extended - importing an .avi movie

If i am not wrong then you might be using the Quicktime player 7 to run the video. As adobe is having problem running on the Quick time 7 and that is why you might be getting the same error again and again. So to get rid of this issue you have to downgrade the QuickTime to older version which will work with your issue.

If you are still getting the problem and not yet got it solved then let me tell you have to update the Acrobat which you are using. For that just you have to click on the Help menu and then to the Check For Updates Now to install the update. As this update might fix the issue related to the same which you are going through.

I am having the same problem with the adding quicktime player and playing the video which you are going through. I have got the solution to downgrade the quicktime on a forum and perform the same. After the installation of older version of the Quick time my issue got resolved. So if you are having the same problem then you can go through the same,

I have got a link which is having the same discussion which you are going through. It is discussed either to upgrade the Adobe or downgrade the complete Quicktime to older version as the new one is having some problem running. You can check out the detail on the given link. Hope you will like it.
    Adobe

If all the replies are not working for you the let me tell you that you can take a help regarding the query of yours to the Adobe. Who is having a official forum running on the same which offers the people to share their problem related to the Adobe and they will provide the solution regarding the problem. So if you can then contact and see it is working for you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus() View Post
    I have got a link which is having the same discussion which you are going through. It is discussed either to upgrade the Adobe or downgrade the complete Quicktime to older version as the new one is having some problem running. You can check out the detail on the given link. Hope you will like it.
    Adobe
    First of thanks a lot for helping me out with the issue of mine which was regarding the videos not playing with the Adobe. And i have gone through the detail that you have specified to work with the issue of mine and let me tell you that it is working for. Now i can easily add the .avi files to the PDF of mine without having any error.