Thread: Solution to InDesign CS5 Hang After Start

Solution to InDesign CS5 Hang After Start

I was suffering with a issue with InDesign CS5 where it would pass away via the whole start up procedure and then just got hanged in the middle of the process with the dialog box on my screen. What seems to be is that InDesign is searching for the appropriate internet connection just right after it got start, and when it got anything as one, it will continuously trying if you have a network cable plugged in. I have also tried some other fixes but got the same result in all situation. Do you have any suggestion after this ...

Re: Solution to InDesign CS5 Hang After Start

You can either disconnect your network cable before going to launch the InDesign and this will be launched up in proper way (you will have to perform it every time when you start InDesign) or you can move into the plug ins directory located at : Applications => InDesign CS5 => Plug-Ins and search the PMPack directory in there is the plug-in for the welcome screen known as PMWelcomeScreen.InDesignPlugin if you take this out of your plug-ins directory then you can be able to start InDesign without disconnecting your network cable, but you loose the welcome screen.

Why not, it seems something tricky to handle but you have another option in this case, you should just try to check out the box always appeared as "Do not show again " and find out if just disabling the the welcome screen works? It can make your way very easy to go .

By the way, I didn't got such type of issues before reported here , so can you provide me some details about your current configuration regarding the OS and hardware configurations ?

Thanks for the help and wonderful suggestion work upon the welcome screen. I wanted to be sure that I didn't move into that the issue again. I am an employer and all of the task of our teams are stored on the server, so I am unable to afford to disconnect the network cable just in case I am running with some other thing just open in different application and this is the only thing that worked .Before that I have tried the un-installation and re-installation of InDesign several times and with a new user, when two of my colleagues who are working on completely different system than me had the same issues I figured the only common denominator between us was that we were working on the network and not connected to the internet from our working system...

As my system configuration , I am working upon OS 10.6.3 on a Mac Mini (2009) 2.0 GHZ core 2 duo with 4 GB of system memory .