Thread: "Lightroom 64-bit has stopped working"

"Lightroom 64-bit has stopped working"

A weird issue has struck my system, that is running Windows 7. The problem is that "Lightroom 64-bit has stopped working". Actually, I was using the Beta version of this software and it was running fine. I removed that version after the full version was released. I have installed the same without any problems. But, I am not able to understand why the software is not working after perfect installation. Kindly help me to get rid of this problem.

Re: "Lightroom 64-bit has stopped working"

There is no need to worry if Lightroom 64-bit has stopped working. This simply seems to be a problem caused because the software is not installed properly in your system. Uninstall it from your system, remove all its traces and then, restart the system. Now, install it again by making sure that no other applications and programs are running in the background. This is because they can result in an installation error.

I am facing the same problem that Lightroom 64-bit has stopped working in my computer that is running with Windows 7. I guess that this software is incompatible with this particular operating system because I am sure that an installation error is not causing this issue. I have reinstalled this software many a times in my system. If anyone knows the perfect solution of this issue, then please respond.

As you were using the beta version of Lightroom before using the full version, that is Lightroom 64-bit, there is a particular setting that must be done. Only after that the issue that the application has stopped working can be fixed. There is a file called Lightroom 3 Preferences.agprefs, that contains the preferences for this application. You have to check out if the file called Lightroom 3 Beta Preferences.agprefs is available there not. If it is there, then delete the same and then, reboot your computer. The problem will be fixed.

I dont think that there is any incompatibility problem between Lightroom 64-bit and the Windows 7 operating system because I have applied the solution that has provided by ThoMas321. I have deleted the particular file and restarted the application to find out that the situation which I was facing has been eradicated. Anyways, thanks for all the help that you guys have provided.

I think their is an incompatibility between 64 bit Lightroom and Windows 7.
    on a brand new computer LR 3.3 (and 3.0) shuts down my complete system when I try to import photos. Adobe knows about this (2 weeks now) and has no solution. Anybody have any ideas?

I've uninstalled/re-installed a dozen times etc.

Please help.

thank you and regards, Len B

If you are having the problem in importing photos with the LR3.3 then i will advise you to delete the Lightroom preference file from the system and then try to work with the issue. But make sure that you have kept the back of the preference file first for the future use. So if you can then go through the same and see whether this is working with the issue or not.