Thread: Print dialog font is too small: Acrobat Reader on Linux

Print dialog font is too small: Acrobat Reader on Linux

I am using Acrobat Reader on the CentOS 4.5 and I discovered that the font that is displayed is too small. They are really small compared to the fonts that are used on the labels and on the other controls; it is really difficult to read it. If I try to explain it then the font that I am getting is half the font I am getting. I have tried to adjust the settings but they are useless. Any related reply to the Print dialog font is too small: Acrobat Reader on Linux will be appreciated.

Re: Print dialog font is too small: Acrobat Reader on Linux

You can try to edit the global font preference, and you can do this by invoking the 'gnome-font-properties' and the editing 'Application Font' but this can be achieved if you are using GNOME. If you are not using GNOME then this cannot be used. You can also try to use the Linux window manager for this purpose. I hope this will help you.

I cannot install Acrobat Reader 5.0.10 under Mandrake 10.0 under Xfce4. I have downloaded the install because I board. Pdf files that will not open with xpdf, kghostview, kpdf, but under Windows with Acrobat Reader there is no problem for these files. I downloaded Acrobat Reader and when I unzipped the following files in a folder "installers"

You have done well in the installation root respondent? ERROR: Can not find / usr/local/Acrobat9/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread. Is this file and directories mainly associated to ca exist? (Watch and check with "ls"). If the installation went smoothly AC must exist! The / usr / local is a disk type ext3 (and certainly not: fat32!) With enough free space?

Normally after the installation in / usr/local/Acrobat9 must be a link in order to draw the acroread convenient way: For example: su - cd / usr / local / bin ln-s / acroread usr/local/Acrobat5/bin/acroread and after a "hash-r" command "acroread file.pdf" should suffice (provided that / usr / local / bin is in your PATH and you have no other links in other directories acroread eg / usr / bin /...). But this story is a simplification to link the issue of PATH. Your test with ". / Acroread" should normally work!

I had a little trouble finding your file; everything is in a frame so your address does not work as is. Otherwise, I can open the file with no problem Xpdf is a scanned document in pdf format. I also opened with Acrobat 9. By cons, it does not work in Konqueror. If you got the choice between the versions "tar.gz" to untar initially and then you read the README file, or aolrs the "rpm" which went very well established elsewhere in the passage on my Mandrake 10.0

If you are using Mandrake 9.0 then these instructions will help you. The installation procedure below was performed under Mandrake 9.0. To avoid problems during installation, I advise you to ROOT in your console before installing the software.
    1. Create a folder in your home directory (eg / home / jeepy / acrobat).
    2. Download the file linux-506.tar.gz- on Adobe.
    3. Unzip the file linux-506.tar.gz acrobat folder (created in # 1). You must be tar-zxvf linux-506.tar.gz.
    4. To install Acrobat Reader, you must do the following command:. / INSTALL
    5. The license of use to scroll on the screen. To continue the installation you need to do the following command: Ctrl + C (by pressing the keys in question).
    6. You will be asked to accept the license terms. To accept them, you must type accepted.
    7. You will be asked which directory you want to install Acrobat Reader. You must specify the full path (eg / home / jeepy / acrobat). If the folder does not exist, you are asked if you want to create.
    8. To run Acrobat Reader, you must go to the folder where you installed Acrobat Reader, go to the bin subfolder and click on the file acroread.