Thread: Recording device recommendation required?

Recording device recommendation required?

I am searching for a MP3 VOICE RECORDERS for recording my class discussions and all that. .My primary purpose is to record professor discussion in the classroom (I don;t want to record any musical type of voice) in better quality without the sound of environment and fan and different voices mixed. I don't need very large memory capacity, only I required long battery time management and long recoding time. Would I choose the USB chargeable Recorders (Cell battery discharges very quickly and can be difficult to make this possible of recharge).I have googled and got some Sony ,panasonic etc voice recorders.I would choose only those recorders which have both builtin and external mic option within it .

Re: Recording device recommendation required?

MP3 players perform a worst job, when you would use them to record the sound and wouldn't come-up with the mic jack. Just forget about working with the mp3 player for really and reliable voice recording. The Olympus DM-420 at around $100 seems quite popular and interesting also. It contains a micro SDHC card slot which works upon the AAA batteries. It always provided with the nimh AAA batteries, which the recorder can charge through the USB. This records in MP3 or WMA, although MP3 recording is not ready at very low bitrates(According to me, mp3 recording is processed at 128 kbps and more, while wma recording can be done at minimum bitrates).

There is other alternative through which you can and I think would be little bit feasible to do this . In case, If you are desired to spend less, just think about the Olympus VN-6200PC that is mono. The VN6200PC performs the recording just in WMA and mono, so you will require to work with an adapter plug if you desired to use this with stereo headphones.

I am agree with both of you Milton.J and Steve ! As a complete mp3 players with the voice recording go for the poor to fair task. For the classroom lectures and like as you are much good off with dedicated voice recorders las just recommended above . The built in mics on the popular mp3 players that I have had with such capability were not able to use other than for close, intimate conversations - their sensitivity is so weak, obviously to decrease the cost and also because this type of feature is different consideration in an mp3 player for most of the users and for professor's discussion , etc, I think mono would be sufficient.

Mono is good for voice recording procedure . This is not only through which you can get a proper recording with the minimum bitrate, but if the speaker is moving with the continuation of his/her lecture then in that situation, you could get a annoying and improper stereo recording. All of the decent recorders which are stereo also provide you the option to record in mono. A stereo recorder in mono mode which will play back the same mono signal via headphones for both ears. Using a mono recorder, the earphone output would be produced as mono, so you would require to attach with the adapter to get the sound via both the right and left ear from your headphones. While almost entire recorders contains a little built in speaker(the stereo ones commonly contain two), the sound quality is not fine, and battery life will be much less using this.