Thread: Media players that support 24-bit FLAC

Media players that support 24-bit FLAC

I have been ripping a lot of my vinyl into 24-bit/96 KHZ FLAC Files. I am getting some problem and that's why, I posted this thread . The issue is that I haven't been able to get any portable media players which can support specified file format, at this high bitrate.

Does someone are aware about this, if there are any that I can afford at in the range of $300 portable media players which can play 24-bit/96 HKZ FLAC? I don't need to be carry out with the down-convert. I need to play these files at their native resolutions. Thanks.

Re: Media players that support 24-bit FLAC

Doumbia, I am also running in the same boat with you . In case, somebody else gets 24 bit flac files that would not play this format in the media player, I have recently mplayer,through kmplayer gui displays to play them fantastically. Now, I have got to do is assess if they seems much good than 16 bit ones unlikely I am sure but with the systems which I often got 'try it' works better.Thanks for any help ..

I am not much sure about this but it would be very wonderful thing if the DAC in the n900 can manage anything more than 16 bit 44.1 kHz. So, that's exactly what you will get if you move to play such type of files. Please remember that the disks are encoded at 16 bit 44.1kHz, so re-encoding them at 24bit when you start to rip them all will in fact decrease the quality of the display. It is same as taking an mp3 and re-encoding this as flac and expecting this to produce better. You would be unable to increase the resolution and sample rate at that point .

While I assumes that the n900 only contains a 16 bit DAC, I have been quite pleased with the sound quality because it has been provided with my Sennheiser HD515s. It depends on my lossless CD rips and listening to my symphony on the device, I am so glad to say that I wouldn't notice anything ever about the notes for getting lost or muddied and I really have to switch the volume down for proper output of the sound . That has not been my experience with different mp3 players, though I am quite sure that there are dedicated portable audio players which can match/best the n900.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Yeah , you are not getting the proper concept as a fundamental point of 24-bit audio. your compact disks are 16bit sources so at better when you insert them into a 24 bit file, you are reserving up the bottom empty bits with zeros. Mostly, you are doing few of the re-sampling of the data to make a 24 bit file which is inherently with the less resolution than the 16-bit source.

You have to do it yourself a favor and find out how to rip cds to FLAC with the help of Exact Audio Copy (EAC) in 'secure' mode only.If you will go for the search then you will get a lots of tutorials online...