Thread: After Firmware Update my SSD died

After Firmware Update my SSD died

After installing new firmware on the SSD Intel, armed with flash memory chips engraved in 34 nanometers. It appears as SSD is no longer functional. This new software introduced as an ISO image was supposed to improve by nearly 40% write performance of these disks, while allowing them to benefit from the support of TRIM, a native Windows 7.

Re: After Firmware Update my SSD died

This is not the first firmware problem on Solid State Drive (I speak for the type of product, so all fabricator). Prudence would therefore be essential for this kind of update, a bit like the service pack of Windows (any version) and wait a few days / weeks to see if there are problems. Try to install the firmware once again this will resolve the problem.

What I not understand is that although yesterday the people who have installed this firmware have no a faced any problem. Unless firmware fact planted the startup of windows and suddenly they have no problem could not post the In any case it is very annoying for those people, that's is why I always wait a few days or weeks before installing a firmware update service pack.

Well, it reminds me of the SSD controller Indilinx Except for those it was in August that the problem has arisen. Since then, they have settled. Strangely I have not had a problem either, no new driver installed from Se7en integral, simultaneously, the toolbox does not recognize Intel SSDs in RAID0 firmware side but no problems finally i realized that this problem was because i have nt rebooted.

To summarize, if we take the two MLC type SSD the most powerful at present, namely those based controller Indilinx and the series X25-M V2, all non-trivial encounter failures and not so rare as that! It makes me think twice before embarking on the path of SSD, I think that with their high tariffs may still require a better reliability!

It is still too uncertain, the consumer pays the piper! This technology is still too expensive and certainly not reliable enough to me to become a product for the general public! It is rather a product for hacker who is not afraid of losing all its data! From what I understand this problem can happen sometimes, is the firmware, it was rather a failure of the controller which is not very reassuring.

In principle those who download the firmware and install it immediately do not wait for the bugs and their fixes. So the damage is already done for some! Congratulations to the cautious who have waited a few days to see any problems it reports on the forums for the time being uninstall the firmware update and check.