Thread: Runtime error with Adobe Reader 9.x and IE

Runtime error with Adobe Reader 9.x and IE

I am receiving a runtime error with the Adobe reader 9.x and Internet Explorer every time when a .pdf is being opened online. It will capture the .pdf up and then comes up with a runtime error window and close this down properly. This is only going with individuals that have redirected app data directories and profiles. I have entire computer system installed with the Windows XP sp3 and internet explorer 8. I can always move to Firefox or Chrome, but internet explorer is simply handled with the group policy lockdowns. I can perform the unintallation of reader 9.x and then reinstall 8.x and it performs properly. The only issue with it is that I have to move do every system and physically uninstall since I prepare the windows xp installer package with this. Does somebody know a workaround or if adobe is moving to get it resolved recently ?

Re: Runtime error with Adobe Reader 9.x and IE

I am suffering with the exact same issues on one of two same system after something happened within the registry. The first issue which appeared was an error 1325 "Favorites is not a valid short name".

I got the registry key included (%userprofile%\Favorites) and resolved this. So now the the next one would be yours. According to me, the solution can be found in the list of registry keys which Adobe Reader is accessing. By the way, with the help of registry cleaner, I didn't find this key to be in error.

A registry cleaning tool is one of the way that rapidly inspects your system and reveals an assortment of machine errors that commonly occurs; the application doesn't easily alert you to these errors, it commonly corrects them and increases the performance of your computer system. If you got to find yourself managing with an adobe reader runtime error, I would recommend you to download one of the available tools; the co-operation of them facilitates free scanning and a specific amount of resolving without any charge. Currently, your chance to put a stop to this weired issue with just some minutes of your time.

I am unable to use my installed Reader - I have been receving this intercept for probably ten days now and have requests in to Technical Support but there was any replies over a week. If somebody can help me ...

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error!
    Program C:\program files\adobe\reader 9.0\reader\AcroRd32.exe
    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.Please contact the application's support team for more information"

I have installed Vista platform with plenty of RAM and drive memory .I performed the uninstallation of the program near about two times..All the possible solution but nothing at all..

This is officially reported by so many users but I also didn't got this error when I was trying to get the solution much before, Finally, one of the member of tech support team of adobe application suggested me the causes for this issues . He told me that the affected user has a redirected Application Data directory and as a evaluation of the network location having the Application Data uses a UNC location that starts with \\. This UNC location causes Acrobat 9.0 or Adobe Reader 9.0 to improper parse the Application Data location and occurs the error message.

If you are resolving this on just local system, then you should do as the following suggestion .

1. Just right click on the AcroRd32.exe in the Adobe 9 installation folder.
    2. Move to the compatibility tab and enable this to tag a check on the "Run this program in a compatibility mode for:" select Windows XP SP2.
    3. Adobe Reader 9 should work well after this.

If you are resolving this for your enterprise then you should just required to built an application compatibility fix with just single fix and push it out with the Adobe Reader 9.

1. Perform the downloading and install the Microsoft ACT Toolkit for Windows Vista.
    2. Browse the Compatibility Administrator and make a latest application fix for Adobe Reader. I will allow you go through the documentation on how this would be completed .
    3. The only compatibility fix which you require to apply is the WinXPSP2VersionLie.
    4. Perform the installation of the compatibility fix and Adobe Reader 9 should go fine after this.

I am unable to put into words how weired that this is the issue has not been resolved by Adobe.
    Post back if it would be helpful or unhelpful for you .