Thread: Installer for AdobeReader for PalmOS does not work

Installer for AdobeReader for PalmOS does not work

I have downloaded two of the files as AdobeReader305-PalmOS.exe and AdobeReader305-PalmOS_esp.exe. But both of the files are not working at all. The initial installer opens and unpacks the installer but then after, the window is closed and nothing happens. The task bar not showing anything, the InstallShield didn't open, the "Acrobat Reader for Palm OS" splash never appears, etc. Do you have any way to resolve it ? I am not sure , resolving the InstallShield, manually installing everything, etc.
    Thanks

Re: Installer for AdobeReader for PalmOS does not work

There is no any problem with your downloaded files for installing, you need to check out the system status and you need to clean the system once and may be it helps you.. You should check out the following things ..

1. Just delete entire temp files from my %TEMP% and %WINDIR%\Temp directory.
    2. Hold the Windows and shift keys on startup, so try to get the application in that status, it would be initially opened.
    3. Start your system in Safe Mode; and start the installer...

I am suffering with the issues with the Adobe Reader for Palm OS on my Tungsten-E. Actually, I am using Adobe Reader as version specified 3.05 and my desktop system is a Macintosh G4 (dual 1 GHz processors). After making the installation, the Adobe Reader application shows on my Palm, but I am unable to transfer the Acrobat files to the Palm with the help of desktop component of Adobe Reader application. Anyone have any issue like this ? Any suggestion to resolve this issue ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is reported by so many users ? But I am sure this one would be effective to resolve this problem. Anybody of you running with this similar issue, I resolved this (no need to pay thanks to any palm tech support, I find it myself and with some friends). There should be a conduit installed. If you browse up your adobe reader package (ctrl+click => show package components) you will get a conduit in the support directory. You have to just copy the same into the Library=>application support=>palm hotsync=>conduits folder

Fine , that is the same what continuously happening with me. This is bad luck for me , when attempted to go through the advice suggested above, I tried to find that the copy of adobe reader which is provided with the my Palm disk does not seem to include a conduit for adobe reader. However, when I move to the adobe official website and downloaded a latest copy of adobe reader, There are only an installer program and a file suggested as adobereader.prc. I replaced the latter file into what I think to be stored in the sufficient directory, but I still unable to get the adobe reader to work it properly. What am I going to do wrong?please suggest me something about the same ..