Thread: Adobe Reader security update to 9.3.1 not working.

Adobe Reader security update to 9.3.1 not working.

I have just downloaded the security fix to update the Adobe Reader to 9.3.1 and installed it properly without any issues .Adobe reader now occurs that it's 9.3.1 in the Help About option on the help menu.

However the Reader exe file AcroRd32.exe version is still 9.3.0 date 2009 as are entire the plugin files except for the Forms plugin which is version 9.3.1.203 dated 02/02/2010. I have since completed a proper repairing of installation of the Adobe Reader but PSI is still suggesteing that it's insecure because of the file version 9.3.0.148 for AcroRd32.exe and the plugin files except the Forms plugin......Why is not the security update to 9.3.1 updating the exe file and plugins? Is this even functioning at all and resolving the complex security risks it's supposed to be fixing ? This would seem entire it's doing is to change the Help/About screen to read 9.3.1, and changing the Forms plugin... I have installed the Windows 7 home premium.
    Last edited by Abhik; 26-06-2010 at 10:29 AM.

Re: Adobe Reader security update to 9.3.1 not working.

My updated version of Adobe Acrobat Extended Pro 9.3.1 is insecure. I used the Download Solution button to proceed on the Secunia to get the newest Adobe Acrobat Version. After loading the newly version, I still running with the the following information. Secunia points to the following file: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.dll

And it reports as that my version is currently at 9.3.0.148... when I launch my Adobe Acrobat Extended and then after move for Help | About, I get to see that my version is stated as 9.3.1 there .

Except for a some problems with the JavaScript, Acrobat has been a much secure than different programs from what I get earlier .There are some least protected are the Office products that get patched every intervals of the day to resolve the security holes. Even there, the security holes are typically associated with the scripting. There are so many anti-virus softwares flag Acrobat as a issue . Just because of that it is suggested to make disable the anti-virus at the time of installation procedure. That does not help answer your question but I don't think , there is an answer which will completely interacts with your satisfaction and all.

Hi Itronix, I suspect that it is the newest version 9.3.1 and secure, at least for current scenario. My concern is that, for whatever causes, Secunia moves on to think I have installed a prior version (9.3.0.148).

The same problem is also going on with the Flash software. To fix my Adobe Flash issue, I have used an Adobe uninstaller to properly remove the Flash and then perform the reinstallation of the newest version from Adobe's official site. I am unable to do that with my Adobe Acrobat Pro Extended. I require to receieve the incremental upgrades via the upgradation prcedure. I hope if somebody has encountered the same problem and found some solution then please let me know about this .

You should use the Windows Explorer to search and get your acrobat.ext files. Just right click on the file and choose properties. From the General tab, you will get the explanation .Open the Version tab and get to see at the version information and find out if this coincides with the version you suppose to find there.
    I am suffering with a continuous problems in Acrobat 8 Professional. I browse the Help/Check For Updates and choose the 8.2.1 (CPSID_50570) update which was provided. I have downloaded and then performed installed and restarted , navigated to acrobat.exe and I got that while the General Tab suggests me that I have 8.2, the Version Tab says that it is 8.2.0.81. Secunia tells that is not secure.