Thread: Dealing with Adobe DNG coded for my photos

Dealing with Adobe DNG coded for my photos

I have some images which I want to edit in photoshop. I copied the pictures from a older system and this pictures were the final result of Adobe Photoshop. Now to run this on the client system there is a need of DNG codec. I am not sure about this. I thought this might be added or provided to all. I need some help to find this and information on this codec. I need a download for the same.

Re: Dealing with Adobe DNG coded for my photos

This was no less than three years that the DNG standard had not changed. With this new version, 1.2.0.0 to DNG you can include different device profiles in the DNG RAW. In addition to this a new meta data appeared to improve his safety and especially the sustainability of the archiving of DNG as its primary function without corrupting or distorting the information from the sensor.

It is right that DNG is quiet effective. It contains three elements the first one is raw information from raw sensor from the device. The second is the meta data used to interpret these data to obtain an image and the last is a preview of the integrated file photo. It is quiet a useful and sometime it is necessary to have this codec. I am not sure weather this codec is provided in Windows Vista or not.

Along with this development, Adobe took the opportunity to remove the DNG Codec for Windows Vista. The codec is still in Release Candidate, that is to say a beta almost finalized but the compatibility test is perfect size. So the final stage of development before launching the final version. It can be downloaded from Adobe Labs. So that is the place from where you can have this.

It seems that Adobe would make the DNG the RAW standard. Browse for your codec RAWs. You can find free for all formats builders. Looking in to DNG (for Windows) and must pay. Not to Adobe, but a third party publisher. Adobe has nonetheless left a codec. It is still not final and is only for Vista 32 bit theoretically not Vista 64 or XP 32 or 64, even if it works parrait still on XP 32. If they want to encourage the DNG as standard the smallest of things they could do is provide free codec for all operating system.

On my laptop, and more Windows 7 I also have a Linux Mint Gloria 7 which comes with a DNG converter for free and create. I think people wanted to files out of their Nikon. In practice, the DNG converter, eaten as Canon CR2 RAW and Panasonic. There are solutions you can download that from the site. I now have free viewing of thumbnails (not the summary, do not dream) of DNG (from my camera Pentax) on my Win XP.

But I just find silly that this is becoming a standard format does not provide the most tools to encourage them to go to this format. Clearly it does not encourage the use of the mark when DNG camera provides free codecs for its RAW format, so they theoretically exist not for DNG. Adobe freely publish the specifications of the DNG file format. It is therefore putting forward a flexible format, documented from Adobe.