Thread: Adobe v2.0 for PPC CAB file

Adobe v2.0 for PPC CAB file

I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader 2.0 on my PocketPC. I am looking for the cab file that I need to install for my WM5 devices. Can you provide me the direct links to install the same and also provide me the steps required in installing the same?

Re: Adobe v2.0 for PPC CAB file

I am sorry but I can't provide you the download link for the cab file, but why are you searching it. Is your Adobe Reader installation failed or is the cab file missing ? If this file isn't missing (if you are not getting any such error message) then you can find the Adobe .CAB file in your computer's \program files\microsoft ActiveSync\Adobe\ directory. Just recheck if you have one in this location. If it isn't present then go to Adobe site, download and install the Adobe Reader once again.

Indeed you will not find the cab file for download on any site since the PocketPC reader installation even installs an activesync plugin on your computer and if you try to install the cab file then it will bypass this and so your pdfs will be left unread. You can find the cab file, if you want, somewhere on your computer where you might have installed. Just copy it on PPC and run it.

Adobe Acrobat Reader comes with the CAB file, its just the thing that you have to locate it in order to install it on your Pocket PC. It is located in the Adobe folder on your PC. The file is named as arceARMxx_usr.CAB. Copy it on your PPC either with the help of external storage media or storing in on your My Documents folder and then synchronizing it with the PPC. Once you get the file on PPC, go to the file and execute it.