Thread: Adobe DRM error when opening a digital book

Adobe DRM error when opening a digital book

I am facing a weird problem while opening an eBook which I had bought long back. Recently I tried to open the eBook using the Adobe Acrobat reader but I am getting an Adobe DRM error message. When the eBook is tried to read, it gives message saying "Adobe DRM activator error , the Adobe products needs to be activated". Why am I facing this error and how do I solve this error? Any help regarding the topic are more than welcome.

Re: Adobe DRM error when opening a digital book

According to me the problem is with the eBook which you are trying to read using the Adobe product. The eBook which you are trying to read must be corrupt and hence the Acrobat reader is giving DRM error while reading the ebook. I will suggest that you try and open some other ebook on the computer using the acrobat reader and see if the same error is faced.

Are there any security software installed on the computer? The security softwares have the basic tendency of blocking all unknown traffic on the computer. Due to this tendency of the security software, sometimes the traffic generated by the user is blocked. Therefore Disable firewall, antivirus or any proxy software installed on the computer and then try to read the ebook.

The DRM error is faced due to many reasons. The main reasons for getting the DRM error while using Adobe acrobat reader can be due to improper date and time settings on the computer. Check the date and time settings on the computer and see if they match the DRM server settings. Changing the clock and date settings will solve the problem.

You are facing this problem with Adobe PDF reader because the ebook which has content from Adobe Content Server 3. As you did not use the book for a long time, the content must not be migrated and hence DRM error is faced. To open the contents of the ebook, you will have to use Adobe Acrobat version 7 or later.