Thread: IE tab can not open pdf file

IE tab can not open pdf file

Hello,
    I use internet explorer as my default browser, it is quite good browser. Now the problem I have with internet explorer is that I can not open pdf file in it. I mean to say that if I try to open it in any tab, internet explorer say that it can not recognize the file type. If you have an ideas regarding this then please let me know. Thank you.

Re: IE tab can not open pdf file

I have on my computer Adobe Acrobat Professional and Acrobat Reader. When I open a PDF document using Internet Explorer , it gives me an error saying that my software does not open pdf files in Explorer and that it would take me Acrobat Reader 8 or 9, is a window of Adobe Acrobat Pro starts but the document never displays. How do I make Internet Explorer use Acrobat Reader as pdf reader, without uninstalling Adobe Acrobat Pro? Thank you.

Hello everyone,
    Perhaps I found a solution to your problem, at least it's now working with me. In Internet Explorer (version 7 in my home) go to Tool> Manage Add-ons> Enable or disable. Then sort the add-ons by name and disable both with Adobe pdf reader in the name (or pdf reader). Close IE and restart. I guess by setting this you should be able to read pdf files.

Even I did had the same problem but now I have found a solution for this. I installed Firefox. By going to "Tools \ Options \ application", the browser window that offers a combination of types of content applications. I replaced everywhere by AcrobatProfessionnel6 AcrobatReader9 and finally it works.

You can alternatively try this, on your computer you click a pdf file with the right button. Then you go to choose a program, once the dialog box open, you select Adobe Acrobat 9 and then you tick the box at the bottom "Always use this program" and after it will work

I have a temporary solution but requires a bit more manipulation. Right click on the link to the file. Pdf. Instead of open, click save target as, put it on your desktop.Right click on the new. Pdf on your desktop and open it with acrobat reader. But this is only temporary. I wish I too have a permanent solution because I'm in a networked environment and I support several people at the moment is correct because only one person has this problem but if all users.

I had the same interests, the only solution that I found is uninstall and reinstall Reader. I think the trouble is that was installed after Acrobat Reader, and crashed the addon IE, uninstall and reinstall made without touching Acrobat replaces IE adon by that of the V9 Reader