Thread: utorrent yellow triangle indicator

utorrent yellow triangle indicator

Hello,
    I am researching on downloaded Torrents with utorrent. Let me explain: I have a laptop running on Vista and is equipped Norton Protection Center. My Windows firewall is disabled. Where to download a Torrent it nothing happens, there is a yellow triangle but no download. When I test the port it says that it is closed. So, do you have any idea regarding this topic? Thank you.

Re: utorrent yellow triangle indicator

You have to follow a rule in your firewall to μtorrent, or as you disable it. Then finally, the port assigned to μtorrent must be opened in your modem and your router in the appropriate. Finally, I am not sure that Norton is the best choice for a anti-virus/suite security. NOD32/Smart Security Eset, Kaspersky or BitDefender are much better and lighter. I guess you have followed this, if not then make the necessary changes.

The problem comes from my cable connection to my room but I do not know what kind of router control while it is on. I do not even know if EST manage a router. That same ones who gave me an IP address and on further information that in my center Protocol ICP 4. So, do you have an solution for this now. If you have an alternate idea then please let me know. Thank you.

You should be able to enter the router to open the port used by μtorrent. Given the local network you use, it seems to me quite difficult. It surprised many that you can access. If you have the default gateway, you can try but you'll probably blocked by a username and password. This is what I can say regarding your problem.