Thread: WebUI only Accessible via LAN

WebUI only Accessible via LAN

Hello there, I have recently installed uTorrent on my computer. All the computers are connected on the network. On this computer I have installed WebUI on uTorrent and I am facing some problems with it. The problems which I am facing is that WebUI is not accessible using any Internet connection. I can only access the WebUI using network. Hence I want to know, how to solve this problem? Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: WebUI only Accessible via LAN

Have you checked the preferences of the security softwares installed on the computer? It is possible that the security software installed on the computer is blocking the uTorrent application and hence you are facing such problems. I will suggest that you disable the security softwares installed on the computer and then try to access the WebUI on uTorrent.

Are you using router to the connect to Internet? If you are using a router to the connect to the Internet, then all the ports must be forwarded properly. If the ports are not forwarded properly, then the application cant be accessed on the network. Therefore I will suggest that you check all the ports which are forwarded on the computer.

I suspect that the WebUI which is installed on the computer is having some problems. For any application to work properly, all the files of the application should work properly. If any of the file is missing on the system or not working properly then the application will not work properly. Therefore I will suggest that you reinstall the application and see if the problem is solved or not.

Is the uTorrent giving a 404 page when trying to open the WebUI interface. If yes then the uTorrent has to be installed again on the computer. I was facing the same problem with uTorrent installed on the computer. The WebUI was not accessible which was solved by reinstalling uTorrent. Reinstall uTorrent on the computer and see if the problem is solved or not.

You will have to check the port forwarding information of the router. The uTorrent traffic must be getting blocked on the port 8080 and hence you are not able to access WebuI on the computer. Check the port forwarding information and make the necessary changes. After changing the required ports, you will not face the same problem.

Thanks for replying to the post. The traffic generated by the uTorrent were blocked by the router and hence I was facing the problem. I changed the port forwarding information of th router and now I am able to access the WebUI on uTorrent. Also I updated the version of WebUI on the computer which enhanced the performance of the application.