Thread: How to implement and use ipfilter.dat

How to implement and use ipfilter.dat

I have recently upgraded to the Windows 7 operating system and I need to know that how to implement and use ipfilter.dat. This is because I do not know where I can get the new .DAT file and where to locate the same on the system. I have installed uTorrent and have all the other settings enabled on my system. My system is also running PeerBlock. So, basically I need to know how to implement and use ipfilter.dat.

All possible replies and suggestions on this topic are very much appreciated. I am waiting for the same.

Re: How to implement and use ipfilter.dat

I have searched the internet regarding the information on how to implement and use ipfilter.dat. Well, the bad news is that I am not able to get the required information anywhere with respect to the Windows 7 operating system. This is why it is always recommended by most of the experts that the Windows 7 operating system must never be installed or upgraded. It is hard to find its settings.

If you have ipfilter.dat, then it is very simple to implement and use. You have to save this file in the folder called %appdata%\utorrent. There is a need to load it into uTorrent with the help of right-clicking in the Peers tab. It has to be noted that the PeerBlock is not useful for uTorrent. So, I think that it will be better that if you use some other application or feature as an alternative.

According to me, you can simply use the default solution that is provided by the firewall that is installed in the system. There is no need to use PB and all these applications with uTorrent. Infact, they are considered as just waste. So, it is recommended that such applications must always be avoided. I hope that you understood what to do. If there is still any confusion, then just let me know about it.

So, you mean to say that I must change the firewall settings, rather than to implement and use ipfilter.dat. Actually, I do not know how to play with its settings, so that it will be in advantage of torrent downloads. I guess that I will have to take the help of one of my friends for the same. Even if he gets stuck, I will reply here. Hope to get any problems that I will be facing in the future too.