Thread: Magnet DL Manual Directory Assignment

Magnet DL Manual Directory Assignment

I enjoy pointing the downloaded file directly to the directory manually while downloading torrent and with the Magnet URL it has became more uniform but i just want to ask you guys that is it possible to copy some of the code over in order to enable the Magnet downloads.

Re: Magnet DL Manual Directory Assignment

I am currently using a LimeWire and i have came to know that Magnet links has been supported by the LimeWire under the Linux. I have found the way to do this.
    - Open Limewire and get connected.
    - Open browser and then right-click on the link and click on "Copy Link Location".
    - Now go to the Limewire and it will automatically ask you for downloading the magnet url.
    - Press Yes and enjoy!
    Last edited by JonathanD; 24-06-2010 at 03:41 AM.

I have seen that some websites does not support for downloading so you can use this Magnet URI feature of uTorrent which enables downloading from that page as well. This feature is an amazing for those who have found the website where they do not allow to download but by using this feature, you can grab whatever you want from that particular website.

With some sites doing away with trackers completely, this feature will become very important.

If the magnet link good then it should be consisting all the file-hashes one which you want to download and this is what the idea about the magnet links. But i have seen that "torrent-hash" has been made for only confusing people and it makes downloading more confusing. First of all you have to search for the torrent file then find an updated.

Actually you guys are going wrong somewhere as it is magnet URI and not URL. Anyway, these are the file which tells the torrent client to grab the main part of the .torrent file form some other peer. Though it takes bit more then that of getting it directly from the HTTP server you may say that that is what you have to pay for having decentralized, peer-to-peer .torrent file sharing.