Thread: Features that SHOULD NOT be requested for uTorrent

Features that SHOULD NOT be requested for uTorrent

I have been using uTorrent from quite a long time. As new features get updated with each new version that is being released, I have a thought in mind. I think that there are some features that SHOULD NOT be requested for uTorrent. I have listed them below:
    • Chat
    • Favorites
    • Web browser
    • Preview

I would like you people here to share all your views and suggestions about this thought.

Re: Features that SHOULD NOT be requested for uTorrent

I completely agree with the thought about the features that SHOULD NOT be requested for uTorrent. Well, there will be great problems like security breach if some of the above features will be included in this Torrent application. Also, these features seems to be useless. I mean to say that there is no need for such features in an application or program that is used only for downloading.

The list of features that SHOULD NOT be requested for uTorrent, that have been mentioned by you will be included soon. This is because most of the users need the same. According to me, these are the only features that are remaining to be included in this application.

It will be good if a suggestion is send to officials about the same. Also mention the disadvantages of including them in the application.

I think that the web browser is a completely useless feature to be included in the torrent applications. But, I cannot understand what is the problem with the other features, that is Chat, Favorites and Preview. It will be infact better to include them in the application. The people downloading some stuff will be able to communicate. They will be able to preview their commonly downloaded stuffs. With favorites, the mostly downloaded things will be automatically searched for.

Hey Macarenas, you have a great view about why these features can be used for in the torrent applications. One thing that most of the torrent users require is that their torrent applications must be simple and have a flexible interface. Including the above features in uTorrent or other torrent applications will make them complicated. This will create problems for the users using them.

I cant understand the harm of including these features in uTorrent. One can give the web browser for an exception. Just imagine if chats are included, the downloading users will be able to communicate with each other. Also, the preview and favorites is a special option that will be provided. It will have the importance of its own. So, I guess that these features will be of great use for the uTorrent users.

I am not telling that there are complete disadvantages of including the particular features that I have mentioned. I was just asking for the suggestions regarding the same. Anyways, it is good to know about the views and comments of some many people regarding these features. Some are in support and some not. If there are more suggestions, then please feel free to reply.