Thread: uTorrent Data Send Error 10053

uTorrent Data Send Error 10053

Hey,
    I am getting some difficulties during downloading a file and after sometimes an error message occurred . I am only downloading near about 40Kb/s and theres an error at the bottom that reads:

[2010-02-10 12:33:00] Data send error: A local networking problem closed the connection. (10053)
    How would I go about resolving this issue ? (Yeah I am sure that it is about the internet connection and may be a firewall related issue) but I configured the firewall to allow utorrent to perform its thing.

Thanks.

Re: uTorrent Data Send Error 10053

Hey guys,
    I don't have any cure idea about what kind of things you have tried to but what was feasible for me before , I would suggest you to go for ...I was changing some Internet Options. If you are working in Windows 7 Ultimate x64 then you have to follow the steps as follows :

Control Panel => Network and Internet=> Clicked on Internet Options => Security => Custom Level

Under Miscellaneous, Access data sources across domains, And check them as enable. Everything would be in proper way after making these changes to work out . Best of luck guys.

This is the exact same issues that I am suffering from a long . This is not going with only on Utorrent but different download engines. I have installed several programs but after all nothing resolved this . I don't think, its utorrents issue either. Its a windows issue and it just started going on . Maybe, this was an update but if there's no issues in Vista I am moving to go back to this. Also when I was playing World of Warcraft this was also lagging a lot . It's a firewall issue. even do we allow it, it still blocks this . Typical vista. I switched it off once it resolved this temporarily. I am moving crazy with such type of issue. Internet Explorer is going in proper way. The downloads from explorer but on Mozilla I am running with the problems .

I had same error message when I checked the functionality of my utorrent. I am running with the Windows XP and didn't got the position where to enable "data sources across domains" ... I moved into my wireless router administration section and switched off my router firewall and things performed very well after that. I have Zonealarm for my firewall which is looking sufficient for me. I am running with the Belkin router.

Dr. V Guest

You required to do both these components-works

1) Move to the Control Panel => Network and Internet=> Click on Internet Options => Security => Custom Level, Under Miscellaneous, Access data sources across domains, made this enable after tagging a check.

2) Disable DHT (right click at the bottom of the client-utorrent) and choose disable DHT.

Hello guys !! I am trying to use uTorrent for downloading the PC stuff and when I launch the setup guide tests, it suggests :
    [2010-02-10 09:21:38] Data send error: A local networking problem closed the connection. (10053)
    This is uTorrent 2.0 which would not allow me choose any one of them, I would require network 2 or 1 because I am in Kentucky. Can you tell me to resolve this issues

Fine, This one error is reported by several users not only on this forum, And different solution has been posted for this issues but I wanted to share the effective solution. TCP/IP error 10053 shows an issue interfacing between your local connection and the remote connection both . Commonly caused by a firewall but could also be some difficutlies with the remote server ot proceed this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. V View Post
    You required to do both these components-works

1) Move to the Control Panel => Network and Internet=> Click on Internet Options => Security => Custom Level, Under Miscellaneous, Access data sources across domains, made this enable after tagging a check.

2) Disable DHT (right click at the bottom of the client-utorrent) and choose disable DHT.
    Made an account just to say thanks!

Disabling DHT cleared my problem right up. SalVatore, a shoutout to you as well for solving half my issue first.

I went back and actually disabled Access Data Sources Across Domains just to see if having DHT enabled was the only problem, and that error popped up again.

Thanks plenty guys!