Thread: Torrent folder not there!!

Torrent folder not there!!

I have got so many torrents working at the same time. Most of them are able to browse and I can open them easily after right click using 'open containing folder' option and this completes OK. But on other hand, I received the error message comes up and telling that

C:\Documents and Settings\*****\My Documents\My Music\*******\ does not exist or is not a directory.

In case, if I try to navigate to the already selected folder it's not there! Where I am going wrong currently ? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated...
    Last edited by Jaida; 21-06-2010 at 02:17 PM.

Re: Torrent folder not there!!

May be you are trying to open the torrent file which is currently in process of downloading. The processing is restricting to access the files properly. Have you tried stopping the torrent? You can access that easily and after stopping or terminating the torrent .Is the location for the folder longer than 255 characters? If you find that like this then choose a download destination closer to the drive root (Just as " C:\Downloads\ or something " ).

Thanks for your reply but I think stopping the torrent doesn't assumes to be affective....let me try to do this. !!!!!! There is no effect at all .As well as you suggested about the character length, The characters are not more than 255, contains nine torrents working all of the same nomenclature with just numeration configurations at the very end of the title - it is one of them in particular that's playing up that assumes as to point to the character lenght not being an problem as they are all commonly the similar..

Fine, if this is saving to my documents you likely don't have a grant related issues . Did you configured up the path through uTorrent or manually when saving these torrents ? If you move to the Preferences Downloads "Put New Downloads In"... and click the browse button (... eliipses) the folders wouldn't open up there?

Are all affected torrents in your "My Music" directory ? Are you working with some media indexer such as WMP or iTunes that may be copying/moving your torrent contents to its "Library" ?

I have tried all the suggestions posted above but nothing happened. I am also suffering with this issue and I have just tried saving it directly to the C drive, still the similar message saying me that the path doesn't exist, when I move to the Windows drive which I can be sure that the file was never made.. Just remember one thing, This is with entire torrents from different trackers which I have tried this and that utorrent was functioning within smooth way when I performed the installation of it and downloaded 3 torrents yesterday without a hitch, I haven't configured any previous configurations to my knowledge since then either..