Thread: How to get more peers for my torrent?

How to get more peers for my torrent?

Hi everyone ,
    I have some difficulties here and you also can say bits of confusion here .. If I had selected a torrent of bad health and had downloaded more than half.So I don't desired to reject it and obtain different torrent.So anybody here can help me if there is some other method to add more peers and obtain seeds in this bad torrent.

Re: How to get more peers for my torrent?

I am running with a torrent with 500 seeds and 500 leechers. I have uTorrent's maximum connection limit configured with the 200, yet, uTorrent only able to connect with 15 seeds and 60 leechers only which seems big stuck in the procedure of download and speeds severely. I already have tried some advanced options as given below :

- bt.slow_connect false (performs better under true with me)
    - net.low_cpu false

Any more advice regarding this ? I don't have such issue with other clients..

According to me, 15 seeds and as well as 60 peers is a better connection status . You will most likely would obtain another 0.1kB/s speed improvement from more peers. It is more likely that the seeds you are connected to are getting stuck to sending the same to other peers, same moves with the other peers. I believe , this is particularly a wired issue and occurred by torrent rather than uTorrent. You should go for the findings of the torrent . Good luck

It looks like there is some the common issues but I don't really received the proper information on this. I have some of the torrent, all going fine in the seeding but it seems as if none of the seeds really desired to be connect. with 100 - 1000 seeds displaying on average about 1 to 5 seeds need to connect and in addition the dl speed is extremely minimum. Of course the entire port forwarding is securing , and by the way I executed the peer guardian . currently , the reason I even say anything about it is because this only started just now , up until that last few days the speed has been going for maximum and I wonder what could have caused the change. One more thing , I haven't changed any configuration based the max# of torrents executing at once and the number of peer connections.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I was just wondering if somebody here are aware about the reason behind why it is only possible to connect to a percentage of peers and seeds in a swarm. Is it going in the way because users may have configure a limit to the number of uploads or maybe a specific peer does not contain proper bandwidth to upload to different client?

For instance, at the moment I am going to download a file that has 93 seeds and 504 peers in the swarm, but I am only connected to 39 seeds and 126 peers (Where as my download speed of only 27kB/ps -_-). Why can I not go for more connection ?

According to me, it has much to do with user's configuration for maximum connections according to the number of torrent specified and maximum global connections being reached. As you specified that you are running with the number of 39/126 which is better and nothing to complain about this . Your router will likely crap itself if you are going for 600 or more than that connections.