Thread: Seeding from relocated files

Seeding from relocated files

I am using uTorrent 0.9.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.2 and I would like to fix a specific issue. I try and seed generously, so I need to seed to a ratio of at least ten, or maximum if the torrent doesn't have several seeds. However, I commonly want to move my files around. As far as I can tell you that, there is no method for me to tell utorrent to upload from a latest location on my hard drive. I think, in theory I could configure up separate locations for most of the torrents to start with, though I am not sure how to, and it would be a stuck and would still preclude any later file remanagement. Beyond that, though, some of files I torrent get put into an encrypted volume and I particularly ignore skipping this mounted except when I am at my machine, and never for a long period of time.

So commonly is there some method, I can move the file (not the .torrent file) and then have utorrent begin uploading from the latest destination?

Re: Seeding from relocated files

This is commonly what I have been trying to figure out. After completing downloading specific files, I needed to rename some of the files located and relocate them. I could have configured the file and location before starting downloading I think, but I am not sure exactly where I needed to terminate up moving the different files. So currently, I need to be able to choose the file and somehow associate it back into the already stored torrent and tracker or whatever in order to begin seeding it again. Actually, I am working with the PC version by the way...

I started to download the torrent and it goes successfully ..After completing the downloading procedure of torrent into the default directory (/share/Download) I need to replace it to different directory but this causes the Seeding to stop. Do you have any idea about the option to Seed from a directory different than the default download? It looks like there is no Config file exits there ?

I found out that the Transmission Web GUI is unable yet to manage the "set location" for replacing the files from one directory to different one . Just assume , now I reassign the download directory (in configuring Transmission NMT menu) from /Download to /Video/sub-dir, where entire Torrents that I need to continue seeding are located. Will the Transmission be capable to locate the files of every Torrent via a second level directory?

You can replace the downloaded files at any location where you need to store within the directory. Transmission supports this, but I haven't any idea if the GUI will allow you to replace the directory locations. You need to use Transmission Remote GUI (code.google) instead. Its best.

After finishing the downloading, you have to remove the torrent, move the data to the required directory and re-open the torrent and locate the new destination. The data will be validate again and will be seeded. It doesn't matter what destination, you have located as long as Transmission has got the permissions on the directory.