Thread: utorrent download location problem

utorrent download location problem

Hello,
    I am new to utorrent, I have recently started using it. I have a problem with utorrent, the issue is that when ever I can the location of the download, it again is downloaded to the original location that is the default location on the hard disk. How can I permanently set the location of the downloaded files in utorrent? Any help regarding this topic is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: utorrent download location problem

I installed uTorrent 1.8.2 and when I try to do a re-check a torrent, this command is dimmed, therefore not usable. Is this normal? And if not, how to solve the problem? In fact when I reseed a torrent that I can not do re-check, it tries to re-download the torrent when I try to share. For now, the only solution I have is to close and restart uTorrent => I lose all my connections with the torrents for download. And sometimes I have to wait to resume the download because the seeder is complete upload. Another quick question, when I finished a torrent, I wish I could move it to another directory. Apparently, utorrent can do it automatically, but the choice is limited to a predefined directory. Is it possible to move a torrent download in the directory of your choice so that I can make a personal rating? When I go to "advanced", I see "Set download location", but this command is also grayed => impossible to use. Can you please advice me some thing on this.

So not the most practical, but I found a way to organize my torrents.

1) In uTorrent : disable the automatic movement after downloading.
    Preferences / Directories / Move Completed downloads to: (uncheck)
    If not, each audit (re-check), will see that the download is complete and therefore carried elsewhere in the default folder ... What is turning around.

2) In uTorrent : Stopping the stream to move.

3) In Windows: Go to the directory where the files to move and move them into the appropriate directory.

4) In uTorrent : Right-click the torrent: advanced / set download location. (Grayed out if not arrested)

Select the directory you moved the files

5) In uTorrent : Right click on the stream: Force re-check (appears dimmed if not stopped)

The stream will appear as if it was downloaded but it will happen quickly and be 100% seed (if necessary impetus in the menu at the top, "green arrow to the right") => if ordering 1) activated, it goes on Move it where it should not be there. I guess this will help you.

If you want to repartition a torrent that you remove the record of receptions.

- Restart the torrent files (that of some kb)

- in the window that opens to indicate (using the arrow go) or is the torrent on your pc and validate.

- uTorrent will then check the file and ok, he is disposed after sharing

To change the download site to download a uTorrent middle of a download, you have to stop downloading, otherwise it gives you an error message that files are being use. Thus, right-click on the entry and select Stop. Okay, now it is stopped, we can say uTorrent a new location for what we want to continue downloading the torrent. To do this, click the right mouse button and choose Options, then choose Set Download Site.

Now that the new location is defined, you need to travel half of the downloaded files from the old location to the new location that you just put in uTorrent. Notice that you can keep utorrent open while moving files, as the torrent is stopped and, consequently, not file access. If the download consists of a folder, make sure to move the entire record, Otherwise, just move the single file.

Now that the files have been moved, you need to start the download. uTorrent recognizes that the files are now in this new directory and check the scan files themselves. Thus, right-click and select Start, then wait a few minutes, he checks everything has already been downloaded: