Thread: Delete files in a multifile torrent

Delete files in a multifile torrent

I was always use Azureus up now and currently have moved to utorrent. I am now loving it very much. There are just two specific features in Azureus that I need to also obtain in utorrent.

1) Delete files in a multifile torrent.Means, when I get to see one episode of a show, I remove it to download the another one. I used this a long when I was running with the minimum space in my Disk. uTorrent contains scuh type of option? I couldn't find it.

2) I was looking for an almost full file (99.9%), but utorrent tried to write and provide an error that restricts entire downloads of this multifile torrent. I just saw this in the next morning. There is a method to share access same as Azureus do?

I thin, no one understand this as a complain, I just considering that this may help utorrent to be a best client.

Re: Delete files in a multifile torrent

1) it is not beneficial for the swarm, and so mostly would not be implemented (if you need it to be associated ) however you are only querying that if there is an option, so absolutely not there isn't such type of option there , also getting different Hard disk for more space should be good knowing cost for 120GB drives this days and not killing piece distribution

2) i don't think, there is not such feature as of now

and anyway, the first request/advice really wouldn't make of utorrent a best client...

I am visiting on this forum just because of the some information regarding this feature (deleting particular files in a multi-file torrent). I like to use uTorrent, but absence of this one feature makes it downright worst for me! You have to make the file priority to Skip, exit uTorrent to restrict the locking mechanism , remove the file(s), restart uTorrent, perform "force recheck" (which takes forever), and then restart the torrent again! And if you are working with the minimum disk space then you often have to do this after you are completed with every file / episode. It as mind-boggling that how annoying that is!

I was wondering if there is any method to delete specific files from a multi-file torrent?

For instance, I have downloaded a torrent which is 15GB+, and in the torrent there are 30+ directories . To save the space, I perform the downloading of the first 10 directories. And currently, I do not require the first two directories anymore, but I am unable to uncheck them in Transmission and if I delete the files in Finder and then begin transmission then it just begins the downloading them. When transmission is in the queue to be download , I am able to unselect them but then I would have to remove the files in Finder again since they would have been remade.

One more thing , when starting transmission after removing the files in Finder then it moves about checking already stored data that consumes forever with a 15GB+ file, and pretty much locks up my whole machine. Do you have any idea to delete specific files in a multi-torrent file in a simple and intuitive method similar to the right click > remove data file?

I don't think, there is not that I know of ...The only method that I am aware about is pausing the torrent, deleting the file in finder, verify the torrent with web connection terminated or download speed configure to zero and afterwards uncheck anything which should be unchecked in some cases and it can be some bot tricky to uncheck a file and you didn't deleted but already downloaded because transmission seems at the pieces it downloaded, it might consider a file is not finished and start download those some kilobytes one more time but in the process also making an almost empty file (but consuming up whole space of course) you didn't need to download..