Thread: Invalid .torrent File when using webui

Invalid .torrent File when using webui

I have got an error as an invalid torrent file when i tried to add torrent with .370 webui. This problem have started coming since i have installed uTorrent 2.0 as there was no problem with the 1.8.5 and .370 webui. I have confirmed that the torrent files are valid i was having no issue while uploading them. Is there anybody who has the same issue?

Re: Invalid .torrent File when using webui

I would like to ask you that which browser you are using on your computer system as it might happen that the an error which you are getting on your computer would be causing due to the version of browser which might not be supporting the torrent which you are trying to access from your system. I recommend you to try to download the same torrent file by using some other browser.
    Last edited by Macarenas; 18-06-2010 at 06:25 AM.

I am using the Mozilla Firefox 3.6 on my computer system and having the same problem on my computer. I have seen that the this problem does not appears with the 1.8.5 version of firefox. And i have uploaded many files via webui. I think you should try installing the bit older version of the browser on your system.

It might happen that torrent file which you are trying to download on your computer has been corrupted or having some kind of problem because of which you are getting an invalid error on your system. It might also happen that the file which you wish to download on your system has been removed from the source location and this could be the main reason for getting an invalid torrent file error.

I have not seen many people having this kind of problem while downloading the files via WebUI. Even i have downloaded many torrents by using the same application but i guess it does not have such problem. Most probably the problem would be with your torrent file. You may try to download the same file from some other source.

There are many people who is facing different kind of problem while using the latest version of an uTorrent as there are many mistakes from the developer's end. I think you should again downgrade the version of an uTorrent on your computer system which was working without any problem. You may upgrade it after some time by then, Developers of an uTorrent will solve all the problems about it.