Thread: Uploading problems with uTorrent

Uploading problems with uTorrent

I have recently installed uTorrent on the computer and I am able to download using it without any problems but I am facing some problems while uploading the data using torrents. The upload speed for the uploaded data is around 0kbps. Is there some extra configuration for uploading the data using the uTorrent? If yes then please help me in configuring the uTorrent. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Uploading problems with uTorrent

You must have configured the uTorrent to block the upload from the system. Start the uTorrent application from the computer and go to settings. In the settings, go to the Network tab. Check if the limit is set for the uploaded data. If yes the remove the limit for the uploaded data and save the settings. Restart the application and check if you are able to upload the data or not.

If there is any firewall installed on the computer, it is possible that it is blocking the uTorrent application and hence the file is not getting uploaded. To check if the firewall is creating such problem or not, disable the firewall entirely or add the process of the uTorrent to the good known application list and then check if you are able to upload the files using uTorrent or not?

For any torrent to upload the data, it has to be associated to number of peers. If the number of peers associated to the torrent are less then the torrent will take lot of time to upload the data. The upload speed of the torrent will depend on the speed of the peers. Hence as you are trying to upload the torrent from your computer, check if it is associated to number of fast torrents.

As suggested I checked the torrent which I am trying to upload and found out that there are lot of peers are available. Hence I dont think that the upload speed of the torrent should be effected by the number of peers available as there are many available for this particular torrent. Am I missing something? Is there any alternate solution for this problem?

Actually not all the peers work as peer for longtime. Sometimes lot of peers quickly become Seeds and the peers which are remaining are the slowest of all the peers. Hence if you are trying to upload from the slow peers, the speed will be slow. Therefore I will suggest that you keep the connection on for a while then see if it works.

Thanks for helping out. Yes the peers which were available were really slow and hence the upload took lot of time to start. I waited for sometime and the upload started after sometime. So I think I will have to wait for sometime to all upload all the files on the torrent.