Thread: uTorrent not connecting to seeds or peers

uTorrent not connecting to seeds or peers

Lot of my friends suggested that uTorrent is the best application for downloading torrents online and hence I downloaded it on my computer. I installed but I am not able to download any torrents as the uTorrent is not able to connect to any seeds or peers. I cant figure out why I am facing such errors and hence need your help in solving the issue. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: uTorrent not connecting to seeds or peers

I think the version of the application is having some problems due to which you are facing such problem. For any application to work properly on the computer, the files associated to the application should work properly. Therefore I will suggest that you remove the application completely from the computer and then install uTorrent on the computer. After reinstalling the application, you will not face the same problem.

Check the internet connectivity first. For the torrent to connect to seeds and peers, the internet connection should be proper. There are many websites which provide the online tests to measure the performance of the internet connection. Visit Speedtest.net and get the internet connectivity checked. If the Internet connection is fluctuating then the torrent will not be able to contact the peers or seeds and hence you cannot download.

Are there any security softwares installed on the computer? If yes then it could be the possible reason for the problem. Security softwares like firewall block the applications like uTorrents and hence the connection to seed and peer is not possible. Disable any security software which is active on the computer and then try to download using uTorrent.

Yes disabling the firewall really helped in establishing the connection to the seeds and peers. Now the torrents are able to connect to the seeds and peers but the download speed is very low. How do you increase the download speed of the torrent? Is there some more configuration required for increasing the download speed?

I am glad that the solution worked for you. As for the download speed limit, it is possible that the ISP have put some maximum limit on the download from the torrent. Contact ISP and ask if the torrents are being capped or not. If the ISP is limiting the torrent then there is nothing much you can do about it.

Yes now lot of ISP's cap the maximum speed for downloading from a torrent in order to implement fair usage policy. Earlier the ISP's did not monitor the download which were performed using the Torrent applications but as the popularity increased, lot of people started to use the applications and hence the bandwidth was getting affected. Hence nowadays the ISP's limit the connection for the torrent.