Thread: RCA DCM 425C Modem USB driver

RCA DCM 425C Modem USB driver

I want RCA DCM425C USB driver for my Windows XP computer. I have searched a lot on the internet but didn't found for Windows XP. Can you guide me in the reight direction to find the exact location where I can get this driver. I want it since I don't have an extra ethernet port on my computer; the one which came with it is not working now a days. So I thought of to use the USB connection for the same.

Re: RCA DCM 425C Modem USB driver

Even I had this kind of problem once upon a time. So I went to my local shop and purchased a USB network adapter for this. It consists of a USB cable on one end and a ethernet socket on the other side. Thus you can plug in the ethernet cable into the Belkin network adapter and connect the other end in the computer's USB port. This is how I did. In this way you will not have to take the headache of downloading some driver which you are not sure about if it will work on your computer and all that.

I wouldn't suggest you to go for some driver available online. Since once I also had download some driver from a free website which I was not sure about and ultimately I faced the problem of a random blue screens on my Windows Vista computer. This was happening daily to me. At I rectified that the problem was caused by a compatibility issue between my version of Windows and DCM425C Cable Modem.

I am in doubt why you actually require the USB drivers for your cable modem, aren't you able to use the modem directly when connecting a USB cable to your modem and the computer? Do you get any error message if you do so? What is the error message that you are getting in such case? Ideally you'd have a faster connection without the drivers if you used the Ethernet connection instead of USB. So I think you should go for a new NIC card instead of using USB connection.

If you are looking for USB driver for RCA DCM 425C Cable Modem then here it is in the attachments. Download this driver and extract it to C:\windows\system32\drivers, provided "C:" is your Windows drive. I hope this is what you are searching for.
    Attached Files Attached Files

forgive me im new at extracting thing ...i extracted the rca425.zip file to c;windows\system\32,drivers using winzip but i dont know what went wrong ..how do i install the drivers? thanks for your help

Can you find the extracted files on the drivers folder of system32? You should be able to see netrcacm.cat, netrcacm.inf and netrcacm.sys files. If you are not able to find these files then I suppose your downloading failed. If it is there then what else you did during the installation.

i could see the files but i dont know what to do next

Exclamation Re: RCA DCM 425C Modem USB driver

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    If you are looking for USB driver for RCA DCM 425C Cable Modem then here it is in the attachments. Download this driver and extract it to C:\windows\system32\drivers, provided "C:" is your Windows drive. I hope this is what you are searching for.
    Don't trust this... i just downloaded and couldn't see anything in ANY of the files concerning a driver or driver software thereof. keep searching the internet, you should try going to the manufacturer's website and directly downloading the driver. don't trust anything some random member posts online.

Why is everyone using a usb type of connection rather than using an ethernet connection, this way they wont have to install the usb drivers for this modem. By using this method you would also have a faster connection without any need for drivers if you used the ethernet connection instead of USB.