Thread: MySQL Backup not working

MySQL Backup not working

I am facing a very unusual problem while using MySQL Backup in my system. Actually, I am using this software because I am moving my website to a totally different host. Well, I am done with all the files of the site. The only thing remaining is that I need to restore the database of the old site to the new one. When I am trying to restore it through the backup that I had created of the previous database, that has a small image, the restore starts, there is no progress in the restore. So, I guess that MySQL Backup not working.

How can I resolve this issue. I have tried out the restore for couple of times and I have waited for a long time. The restore is not starting anyway. Kindly provide for help.

Re: MySQL Backup not working

There is a possibility that the backup was not done properly. This is why there is an issue while restoring the older database. Well, I dont think that the MySQL Backup not working. There may be completely no issue with the software. If the backup has not been done properly, then I am afraid that you will not be able to restore the older database into the new one.

If the MySQL Backup not working and if you think that there is a problem with the software that you are using, then try using a new copy of the software. If this does not resolve the problem, then try using some other alternative in the place of MySQL Backup. There are many softwares available in the market that can be used in the place of MySQL Backup.

Try using any of them and let me know if the situation is fixed or if the problem is still being encountered.

There is a code available as given below. Use the same if you think that MySQL Backup not working:

Code:
    mysql -u username_databaseuser -p username_databasename < /home/username/dbbackup/username_databasename.sql
    If this code works out, then there is no problem with the software. You need to have the access to the shell to use the above command for the restore. I hope that your problem will be solved with the help of this command. I have used the above code for restoring my database too when it was giving me the same problem as you are facing.

You are encountering the issue that MySQL Backup not working because the particular database that you are trying to upload or restore from the backup may be very large. The command called username_databasename.sql has to be used for uploading such a large database in the account that you are having. You can also specify the name of the directory where you want to save the database.

I am very thankful for all your valuable suggestions and replies that you people have provided on the problem that MySQL Backup not working. I have not tried out any of the solutions. But, I guess that I will try them out today. I suppose that the code given by ZeDaX will solve my issue because my database is of a very large size. It contains a lot of videos.