Thread: Pinnacle Studio .stx file

Pinnacle Studio .stx file

Hello,
    For two days, my Studio 10 software can not open more than one project. A window tells me: "Unable to open the file C :/... monfilm1.stx. Now, how can I open this project? I have not done any changes to my software still it is acting wired with the projects that are been created. If you have any idea regarding this problem then please let me know. Thank you.

Re: Pinnacle Studio .stx file

I come seeking help, I created a film project with Pinnacle Studio 11, an incredible number of hours to cut, assemble, insert images, videos, music and time to create the film impossible to do? I open "studio11" I want to open my project and I'm left with empty files, impossible to find and open my project, could someone help me? I have never once found a proposal for deletion, I have done. "Save As ..." My project, there must be a solution for this if I am not wrong. Please help me with this. Thank you.

I have not changed anything at all, I recorded regularly additions that I made over the days since I finished everything I can not find my project, I tried to create the film "Last Step ) and every time there is a crash, and now I can not find files that 0K bytes.

Do not panic! While useful in editing the file is located in: \ My Documents \ Pinnacle Studio \ my projects. The project is suffixed ". Stx. The size of this file varies from 0-1 kb. It is little, but that's normal. In this same directory, you should find another folder with the name of the project. It seems empty, but if you right-click and "properties". However, your project is based on the capture of a film. Avi,. Mpg, etc. ...". Its location is where you placed it at the time of harvest (Pinnacle sudio11 you requested before starting the capture, and the name of it).

Personally, I proceeded to re-install the product. In any case it will not remove or alter your project. Obviously missing a dll somewhere. Especially since it seems to me that you have the option "repair" ... so why not use it?

Hi to answer your question, I am protected by avast, and it is up to date, no problem, I have to redo a scan and nothing detected. I will certainly try to reinstall pinnacle, although this may make me a little scared, but I will rely on your statements. I'll keep you informed of the result.

To reassure you, know that the re-installation of the product will work in the file: \ \ Program Files \ Studio \ etc. ". Outside, your project is located in "\ My Documents \ Pinnacle \ etc. ". So, no worries!