Thread: Logitech G5 and setpoint how to bind windows key?

Logitech G5 and setpoint how to bind windows key?

I need some information regarding binding procedure of it to 1 button on my mouse.I love to play games but also using the same mouse for official and practice work as well. Cause mouse is way quicker contains more buttons and I can manage my work way better.I desire some changes in it and need to improve my work flow.I am working on the company provided computer system that means for any type of installation, I have to get the permission from administrator .I did get to my pc set point but don't think they will allow me to get software where I can change and make macros.

I did this the same with the show desktop icon but i am unable to do it and it is not an exe file and set point is not detecting this .one more thing at set point option there is no such option are getting appeared to minimize that .There is minimize so I can minimize one and only window at time.(and that window must be in functional mode to minimize this ) but I am working and I am running with more than 15 - 20 different program or IE windows opened same time. I can issue the buttons as ctrl+alt+del or something like that but unable to do that with windows key.Also needed to try to enter windows key code +m but cant cause key code is more then three marks and unable to use copy paste also and it will just shown there as ctrl+v

Any idea how to get this thing working?

Re: Logitech G5 and setpoint how to bind windows key?

you need to Install the uberOptions to add those functions in he list in SetPoint control section . One of my friend is currently working as the support for SetPoint 6.00. It does work, you just have to mention the new locations of the files uberOptions requires to perform the installation .

On 32-bit system , to install uberOptions 4.80.5 on SetPoint 6.00, the directories for the installer were:
    C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LogiShrd\SetPointP\Devices

On 64-bit Windows 7, the directories are reportedly:
    C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP
    C:\ProgramData\LogiShrd\SetPointP\Devices

The paths may be separate in Vista and Windows 7 32-bit system . I don't have an ETA for when uberOptions will directly support SetPoint 6.00; I will suggest you to sticking with SetPoint 4.80 for now.

Thanks for this suggestion but I am running with the confusion yet, I need to know that how top bind in to one key text that I need ?Not on for the spam purpose but I am working with the SD and I required to paste one text at every moments into the ticket that I have created .So, how to bind text to one key so that copy (ctrl+c and ctrl+v work as separate).

Now, I can bind two keys as one to copy and one to paste but when I need to bind selected text to 1 key so every time I issue it in field where you can type(notes and other text pad ) it will paste that?

My Logitech G5 Laser mouse contains near about nine buttons and I have installed SetPoint software through which I can use 5 buttons from all of them (mouse buttons) and the last 4 can only be assigned special windows functions (Forward, Back, Cruise Up, etc) or Keystroke Assignments, this is going through the setpoint and setpoint handling all these assignments . There are so many of the games that I used play will require to use 10 "MOUSE BUTTON" inputs for in-game actions but wouldn't detect the remaining 4 buttons even when assigned keystroke assignments. Do you have some different method to make these last 4 buttons into action and I can use this as "Generic Buttons" as well as buttons 3,4,and 5? (1 is left click and 2 is right click).

Dr. V Guest

You should try to go for the UberOptions, it will perform the unlocking of additional keys in setpoint, at which point you can then work with the autohotkey to make whatever you may need to do in this situation . (For example, tilting the mousewheel right now fires F14, a key I don't have, which AutoHotKey works for different things, based upon the focused application) . You can even remap left and right click to sensitivity configuration and the middle click to make it turn off , if you actually needed to do !

Windows only compatible with up to to 5 mouse like buttons Left, Right, Middle, XButton1 and XButton2. That's why, you are able to reset only 5 of them as mouse buttons. If you are going to reset and rest to send keystrokes but they are not displaying up in the games the in this situation, you should be authorized and capable to work with the autohotkey for that, moreoever, autohotkey does simulated keyboard input to performs so it might not do anything.

You can also go for the autohotkey's SendInput, SendPlay, or SendEvent and find out which one performs for you in the gaming environment . Each one simulates keyboard input slightly separately.

For insance , F12 was configured to be sent by one of my mouse buttons
    $F12:endPlay {F12}

The $ disabling that hotkey being fired by sending the actual key once again.

Hi, I am using Logitech g5 mouse for gaming purpose and as well as setpoint drivers for this device ,I have installed windows Vista64 and some issues are going on with me , because I am using extra buttons on my mouse and I binded keys on those advance buttons. All of the things are going well but just after I reboot my computer system, hot keys from my mouse are not functioning at all. I have to reinstall the setpoint, and after that I got that the hot-keys are working once again ( but only to next reset of computer system ). I was looking for solution on different forums related logitech drivers but unable to get anything that could be helpful . Its really looking wired. Do you have any idea about this ...