Thread: Resource pool availablity

Resource pool availablity

Hi, I am using MS Project 2007 Proffessional as a single user. Ive created a resource pool and have linked several projects to it. Now I'm confused about how this is supposed to work. If I open a project (but not the resource pool) should the resources in the pool be available or do I have to open the pool as well?
    Any clarity would be appreciated.

Re: Resource pool availablity

If you assign the same resources to more than one project or use shared resources in more than one project, you can combine all of the resource information into a single file called a resource pool. You can use a resource pool to schedule the work of resources across multiple projects, identify conflicts between their assignments in different projects, and see how their time is allocated in each project.

Read more about it from here.

nwilliams Guest

Re: Resource pool availablity

Well. it is related with the Microsoft which predetermined resources of the pool availability. Now-a-days our world is moving fast with the latest technologies for the better standard life of the people so in future the resource of pool availability is necessary. Well, afterall we need the resource when there is availability for the perfect project for the perfect progressing world.