Thread: New drivers for Logitech QuickCam Fusion say "Incompatible Webcam detected"

New drivers for Logitech QuickCam Fusion say "Incompatible Webcam detected"

When I was trying to find the appropriate driver for my QuickCam Fusion, then I got a Logitech page that contains some logitech device drivers related to the web-cam . It's the Logitech Webcam Software with Vid version 1.0. It is both the scenario for Windows 7 64 bit as Windows XP Professional (mostly for entire supported and functional OS, but I have only tried those). However, this one driver does not work! When I install the driver and going to plug my Webcam with the computer system the it suggest me that I have an " incompatible Webcam detected " . If the support personal from Logitech go through this, please resolve and put the previous version of the drivers back for now.

Re: New drivers for Logitech QuickCam Fusion say "Incompatible Webcam detected"

You are not running with the proper combination and compatibility of the driver. you have to download only those drivers that are absolute and compatible with your device. You should first clean the previously installed driver and then after you should download proper driver and install it . Connect your camera with the computer system and you wouldn't receive any error message now and you can wonder freely ...

New drivers for Logitech QuickCam Fusion say "Incompatible Webcam detected"

If you are searching for perfect driver software, the please go through the steps suggested below within the proper order:

1- Check the Downloads section first from this location and choose your webcam model : http://www.logitech.com/en-us/suppor...loads/webcams/

2- You did consider to find "page two" (Still unable to find your product?)... right?

3- You can go for the FAQs suggested on the logitech regarding any internal issues with the (Webcam software and driver support for Windows).
    4- Check FAQ #4096 that will describe you the downloading the newest software Version for Logitech Webcams).

If you still getting unable to find a proper list for your camera then you should go for official support for any single issues but you have to be ready with the following information in your query:

* The 860-xxxxxx (or 8xxxxx) series number (P/N) from the camera's identification tag.
    * If you are not sure about the above information and that is not currently here , then please include the camera's USB\VID ID.

Commonly , I may ask you to give the camera's model number (M/N) to update/verify my initial records. One more thing, you have to also include your Operating System (OS) and Service Pack (SP) version, and the CPU MHz/GHz (actual clock speed, not the "Pentium-rating" -> Athlon X2 3800+ = 2.0 GHz).

This is very wired problem for me and I am posting here because I have the same problem. I have purchased two web-cams so far from logitech, The same error, I am also getting as above members are reported about, related to incompatible web-cam. Actually, when I put this in the installation disk and then inserting it within the computer system and when I move to install this and when I started to click for installing driver from the found new driver thing it got terminated ..means overall installation failed and the message appeared at the screen ..

You have to tell me something about you device information and I am sure, I will provide you the proper solution but I need that required information from you :
    • What is the 8xxxxx (or 860-xxxxxx) series number of your camera, it is printed on the tag ?
    • Which version of the Logitech supplied QuickCam software application/drivers is installed (FAQ #5105)?
    • Which one Operating System (OS) and Service Pack (SP) version is installed?