Thread: How to Crop Pictures in Microsoft Word 2010?

How to Crop Pictures in Microsoft Word 2010?

I have installed the Microsoft Office 2010 in my computer and now i have added some image in the Word 2010 and need to crop the image border so that i can get the desired image but i am not aware How to Crop Pictures in Microsoft Word 2010?. If any one know then help me with the steps for performing the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to Crop Pictures in Microsoft Word 2010?

For that all you have to do is to get into the Word 2010 and the enter the image that you wanted to crop in the same. After that you will find that the Picture format ribbon is active. Just click on the Crop ribbon on the right side and the select the crop and click on the image and choose the size of the image by dragging the mouse inward and outward.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenny View Post
    For that all you have to do is to get into the Word 2010 and the enter the image that you wanted to crop in the same. After that you will find that the Picture format ribbon is active. Just click on the Crop ribbon on the right side and the select the crop and click on the image and choose the size of the image by dragging the mouse inward and outward.
    As i am new for the Microsoft Word 2010 i am having less idea about the use of it so that i am unable to get the point which you have explained. If possible for you then please explain it in the brief so that i can perform the same easily.

To performing the cropping of the image in the Microsoft word 2010 you have to follows the below given step that i have explained for same. Hope you will like it.
    1. Start the Word 2010
    2. Insert the Picture.
    3. Now the Picture Format tab will active.
    4. Click on Crop ribbon and then Crop
    5. Now you will find the Black line on the border of the image.
    6. Drag it inward and outward to crop the image
    7. If done click ESC
    8. Now save the image.

Thats it!!!!!!

I don't think that you have to take this much long step that you are thinking about. All you have to do is to right click on the image and adjust the dimension of the image from the Width and Height boxes. This will crop the image as per the dimension you have defined. So try this out and see its working or not.

There are lot more you can do to crop the image. Most of the time when we crop the image by dragging the mouse all four dimension are not same so the picture is not looking proper. In that case you can use the CTRL key while dragging the image through the mouse which will make all the four dimension same.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenny View Post
    To performing the cropping of the image in the Microsoft word 2010 you have to follows the below given step that i have explained for same. Hope you will like it.
    1. Start the Word 2010
    2. Insert the Picture.
    3. Now the Picture Format tab will active.
    4. Click on Crop ribbon and then Crop
    5. Now you will find the Black line on the border of the image.
    6. Drag it inward and outward to crop the image
    7. If done click ESC
    8. Now save the image.

Thats it!!!!!!
    Thanks a lot for explaining me the things i have tried this and successfully cropped the image that i wanted to. I have liked the other solution. The replies are appreciable.