Thread: Is setpoint software necessary /w MX1100?

Is setpoint software necessary /w MX1100?

I have used all the logitech released mouse like MX500, MX700, MX1000 and everyone worked very well without performing the installation of the software and would like to keep this in the same way for newly purchased MX1100 mouse . I can bind the thumb buttons in games properly , they assumes as mouse 4 5 and 6 and I have never required to install different program to start up with my system. Am I missing out anything by not working with the set point?

Will I be able to configure the DPI using the DPI buttons still? Will I have any worse of a connection with the mouse and receiver? I am interested in the hard usage problems like those; a key feature of the mouse, the DPI button performing nothing just because I haven't installed the software.

Re: Is setpoint software necessary /w MX1100?

You can easily use your mouse without the required driver about which you are talking now but you can lose some advance functionality of your mouse and if you have installed the driver then you can achieve all the benefits provided by the mouse. Is it important that the SetPoint is only required to configure the programmable buttons on the mouse and to use any advance functions it might have. The common operation of the mouse is not affected by the absence of SetPoint. you can go for it without the driver if you want ...

There is one more thing in order to this thread and that is about the DPI configuration and I need to know something. I was curious if the DPI buttons ontop of the mouse are treated as the common / basic operation? If they don't configure the DPI without the installation of software. Do you have any idea about the way through which I can be able to know what the DPI is currently configured at ? Without installation of setpoint ??

I don't think that you can measure the proper configuration of DPI setting without the installation of setpoint and the fact is that the DPI button does it's work without the current installation of the Setpoint and in case, if you wouldn't change the associated configuration before then I believe the default settings you can get for your mouse from the setpoint section and the values will be as 800 and 1600 DPI.

MX1100 Issue with DPI buttons

I am in some big confusion and unable to understand what actually the proper configuration and functionality of DPI configuration. What the buttons do without the installation of SetPoint and doesn't have to be what they do with SetPoint installed. The DPI buttons not configuring properly is seems as a bug, not on purpose.

There is one more thing here, the VX Revolution muse contains a mechanical switch for scroll modes. Only the MX Revolution has electronic switching. Any more description about this ...

I am intending to purchase the MX1100 mouse currently .Just because of some causes, the SetPoint would not performing the installation on Windows Server and it is no matter what version. I am going to use this for development platform and I require a middle button.

Anybody here have some ideas , if MX1100 has its scroll wheel functioning as a middle-click when pressed, without the installation support of SetPoint ? I searched through many reviews only about some default functionality of quick zoom in-out but it tells me nothing as they don't suggest me whether this is with or without SetPoint. I am not sure that Windows to have some default quick zoom function functioning everywhere. It is only this scroll-new-technology-no-middlebutton in all new LT mices which keeps me from getting one. I had MX Rev. and running with several issues with it, also the lack of middle button made me getting rid of this . Also Logitech doesn't assumes to support Windows Server in its heavy SetPoint at all .

Thanks in advance.

This is default behavior , however, one "turn" of the mouse wheel scrolls only a some lines at a time and I need to go quickly. Fortunately, there's a fairly simple method to manage Firefox's scroll speed. Even better, you will get a keyboard shortcut which can slow it down again for "precision"scrolling.

This is the method through which you can be able to change the default scroll speed:

1. launch the Firefox browser and then after type about:config in the

address bar and press Enter.
    2. From the Filter box, Just type the mousewheel.withnokey.
    3. Right-click on mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines and then click on the Toggle. It should configure the value into False.
    4. Right-click mousewheel.withnokey.numlines and then click on Modify.

Bump the value to 6 or what, click on OK, and then move to different tab to see, if you need the scroll speed.If not, operation a bit until you receive the number you need.