Thread: How to fix Rosetta stone error 2123

How to fix Rosetta stone error 2123

When I tried improvement the Rosetta stone on our Mac 10.3.9 we got the 2123 error and encompass at present lost our Rosetta stone. Some of my friend at the tech support told me they might not assist and it was our difficulty. We at present become conscious, of course, that the upgrade would not run on this system, but there was no warning of that previous to we started. Our Rosetta stone version 3 worked presently extremely well previous to I messed with the upgrade.

Re: How to fix Rosetta stone error 2123

You might get this difficulty if you encompass BitDefender Internet sanctuary. To fix it: Open BitDefender, hit it off Settings, and locate UI to Expert Mode. Then hit it off OK. Then you have to choose Antivirus, Advanced Settings then under Exclusions hit it off [+] symbol, a browser opens, go to the following; C:\Program Files\Rosetta Stone\Rosetta Stone Version 3 and choose the RosettaStoneVersion3 file, hit it off OPEN. And at the end you have to choose OK.

The difficulty is with the permission (sanctuary) if you encompass win 7 its for you, XP & VISTA I do not be familiar with (sorry) , if you believe you are administrator you are not. FIX it if do not be familiar with how presently go to rosetta-- > right click -- > properties --- > security ----> edit --- > permit the entire of the following, anticipate it run, working Windows 7 and trying to install beneath superintendent side but tranquil get the error code 2123. Tried uninstall and reinstall but no luck. Be able to observe the files on the C drive but tranquil fails on initializing the submission.

I have presently exhausted the preponderance of the day trying to resolve the similar errors and you are getting the error code 2123 as almost immediately as you started the applications. None of the explanation anticipated here or anywhere in addition on the internet worked for me. But I was capable to come up with one that worked (for me anyways). I work on Win 7 x64. The method I fixed excavation was to uninstall the up-to-date version or description, and as an alternative installed an older version (3.0xx), then downloads the update, or install your up-to-date version on top of it. I am not certain if this is significant or not, but I did generate my user account and installed my language at this time.

I encompass followed the exceeding steps and I do not be familiar with which on did the trick: It obtain possession of Rossetta Stone database from c:\program files\Rosetta Stone. Subsequent to that you have to right click on \Rosetta Stone folder->hit it off security->hit it off advanced->hit it off on owner, hit it off edit, hit it off on your windows account, authenticate the box replace owner and object containers, hit it off ok and be appropriate. After that you have to eliminate the file tracking.db3 from c:\Program Data. Then you have to right hit it off on RosettaStoneVersion3.exe from C:\Program Files\Rosetta Stone\Rosetta Stone Version 3 and hit it off Properties, compatibility view, then confirm run this program in compatibility mode for windows Xp sp3 and verify the box run this program as a proprietor. You did not had several firewall installed, but you had win defender and win firewall by defaulting and you encompass turned off windows firewall and put out of action windows defender from start->control panel->windows defender->tools options->hit it off on proprietor and uncheck the box utilize this program and at the end you have to restarted the system and worked.

You have to go to the computer and open C: DRIVE. You be supposed to observe a Program records or statistics file. (If you do not go to systematize in the upper left corner- go down to database and search alternative- go to view- hit it off "show hidden files" in the advanced alternative database. Apply and OK). Then you have to open Program data/Data file you be supposed to observe Rosetta Stone folder- open it- you be supposed to observe a file named tracking.db3. Drag to desktop. It determines to work after you restart your computer.

I suggest in opposition to eliminating or moving the tracking.db3 file, in view of the fact that this determine to cause Rosetta stone to lose the entire of your progress. Subsequent to doing a number of researches regarding this error, I discovered that it seems to be an authorization problem with the Rosetta stone information files. To fix, go to the properties of your C:\ProgramData\Rosetta Stone database and take ownership of it and the entire of its contents. You be supposed to almost certainly in addition create certain your username is scheduled with full read/write privileges, but the majority significant part is taking ownership of it. (You be able to look online if you do not be familiar with how to do this). That fixed it for me, anyway, so optimistically it determines to help others who are tranquil having tribulations.

ThumbsUp Re: How to fix Rosetta stone error 2123 windows vista

Disk Defrag and restart computer will solve this error.

hi, i can confirm i have just done the defrag and restart and it works.

thanks!

ps. i am using windows 7

How to Fix?

- Go to the c:\ProgramData\Rosetta Stone\

- Open "tracking.db3" with notepad and delete all of the content and save it.

- Right click on it and choose properties then make it Read-only.

- Run Rosetta Program, So you got 5118 error (Fatal Application Error) then exit.

- Comeback to the path again and delete the "tracking.db3" file.

- Now Run Program and Enjoy.

Solved!

Before you start Rosetta: delete the folder "FLEXnet Publisher" in C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ Macrovision Shared \

Bye,

Just installed Rosetta Stone on six Windows 7 machines and recieved error 2123 on each. Restart fixed the problem. Try that before you go through the hassle of some of the other solutions offered. Good luck.