Thread: SetPoint Installation Error

SetPoint Installation Error

I am continuously receiving this error message and unable to get any solutions and method to solve this out even when I reboot then after nothing happened.The error message that I am getting is described as follows -

"SetPoint Installation Error, KHAL component Not Installed Correctly, Please reboot and try installing again"
    I would like for some help to resolve this issue as I just purchased the MX 5000 Laser keyboard and mouse combo. I also unable to get my mouse or keyboard in proper functionality and even unable to get them to connect to the BT device (the keyboard suggest as "Can't Connect" and the mouse is not working either, both are completely charged and I am receiving at wits end here.

Any help would be appreciated ....

Re: SetPoint Installation Error

I am also running with the similar issue and the same error message with the some different configuration . I am using the bluetooth wave combo. I did receive both the keyboard and mouse to be in proper functionality but unable to install the setpoint software:

"Instillation error KHAL component not installed correctly. Please reboot and try installation again."

So, I can get facilitated with the hardware, but no way to configure them, and it is looking stuck for me . Especially for the mouse, because it contains an worst placed back button that I always use accidentally. Would like to be able to make disable this button and work with entire functions for the keyboard.

KHAL component not installed correctly. Please restart and try installing the software again

I am going to install the Setpoint 4.6 upon the Windows Vista Business Edition for handling a VX Revolution mouse. I am also installing the same software on a Toshiba Tecra laptop. It considered that it is moving to preserve the configurations of my touchpad, but then I receive the error message as "KHAL component not installed correctly. Please restart and try installing the software again." I have repeatedly tried it and still received the exact error message again . The Setpoint_XXX.log file entitled with the entries that are described below and at the end:
    09:44:13 = CheckKHALInstallation
    09:44:13 = SOFTWARE\Logitech\KHAL doesn't exist
    09:44:13 = Can't get the value
    09:44:13 = Khal didn't get installed correctly, let's try again.
    09:44:13 = Installing khal...
    09:44:13 = Install KhalInstaller32.msi
    09:44:14 = It's 1st time install khal
    09:44:14 = CheckKHALInstallation
    09:44:14 = SOFTWARE\Logitech\KHAL doesn't exist
    09:44:14 = Can't get the value
    Please help me out some way !!!

I got the same error and just after that I made a call to the logitech support personal and they provided me the following fix to resolve this issue : Download the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility (It is entitled in the Microsoft kb article 290301), After performing the installation of this software, Just execute this . Delete only configurations with KHAL in it - I got KHALwrapper and removed it. I am not much sure that if it will work or not.

I also destryoed all of the things that is associated with the logitech and stored in the program files directory because I was doing upgrade from setpoint v4.0 to v4.6 and already had destroyed the v4.0, but it looks that the removing procedure did not delete everything. I performed the same in the registry (in HKLM\software -> remove the logitech key).

After I performed entire steps entitled above, I could install the setpoint v4.6 without any single issue and any error messages again..

i hope this also solves your issues

PS: make sure that you have administrative rights, eventually: run regidit.exe as administrator. rightclick on regedit.exe in windows directory and select run as administrator.

good luck.

Mostly, this type of error is generated when you are running out of disk space on your computer system and usually for the system drive means C.you are having issues with windows System Restore.

For both of these.you should try to remove entire system restore point but the last one should be perform from the "my computer" -> right click to properties-> "System Restore" select the proper option, if that is not going in well manner then you should better check your driver disk media for errors. Best of luck..

It's quite possible that you don't actually need to install SetPoint in order to use your keyboard and mouse. Try just plugging them into your computer and using them without installing SetPoint, and see if they work.

Without SetPoint, you may lose some additional functionality of your keyboard/mouse (such as programming quick launch keys or getting battery status), but depending on what you need the lost functionality may not matter to you.