Thread: Setpoint in Vista: Sleep and Autostart issue

Setpoint in Vista: Sleep and Autostart issue

I have installed Setpoint for some while now in combination with a MX400 mouse in windows XP and currently in windows Vista (x86) where it just displayed some unintended action :

1) After coming back from Sleep, SetPoint (while still running) does not response in a true manner . For instance, The keyboard macros provides to a specific mouse button and that would not be executed after all. After turning off and starting the SetPoint everything is going into normal state. I am unable to really confirm that whether this problem has always existed in Vista or just after SP1. Setpoint 4.40 and 4.60 are get effected .

2) I think about the update and did the update for Setpoint to the latest 4.40 version and then after the same thing is going on again and again, Windows Defender blocks the autostart entry of Setpoint, mostly because it requires administrator authorities (that is not authorized for autostart applications for security causes) or it is not a "trusted" application.
    currently , I am using the workaround with building up a new job carried out after startup with the administrator authorities , but I think, this problem should be fixed by Logitech in future revisions. Is here anyone confirm these issues?

Re: Setpoint in Vista: Sleep and Autostart issue

I am suffering from the closest problem as above, The first the isse is that the Logitech SetPoint software is not allowed to configure keystroke binding in several applications and the games are also in the same queue like Battlefield 2. The work around is to execute the SetPoint.exe with the privileges of Administrator. Unfortunately it creates some new issue. Vista will not allow an elevated program run at startup. You will receive a 'startup program blocked' dialog when you will go through every startup.

So, the complete workaround is as follows :

1) Configure the SetPoint.exe properties to execute that with the administrator privilege.
    2) Just make Disable the SetPoint.exe from Startup programs. Eg. Destry it from the registry, or execute the msconfig and the make disable from that section .
    3) Now, open the SetPoint as a scheduled job when you come on to the startup.
    Follow these instructions:

Which will consume a minute or two to go.

If someone here have some great solution for this then please share that experience with me also ...

I required some help from you all . I am running with a logitech fusion web-cam and G7 mouse that are properly installed with my computer system . After installing 4.4 setpoint, my mouse not going to work anymore in the windows vista environment . If I removed the setpoint, the mouse going very great ! The mouse not moving anymore , I have tried to connect the setpoint by using different buttons but still doesn't come to wok in proper manner..

Even if I handle to get the mouse to perform occasionally then I got unable to even tweak or move into the setting for the mouse just as manage the speed and dpi for the mouse. Commonly, I think that I have downloaded a destroyed file so I moved to download from different location and it still going in the same way . I need to use my mouse with the my setpoint driver! please help

I think , you need to go for this and it would be really helpful for you ,just get ready to follow these steps to (hopefully) fix this problem:

1. Click on the Start menu and type "%windir%" in the Run box without any quotes.

2. Open the "system32" directory from the windows directory.

3. Open the "drivers" folder.

4. And select the name of the file wdf01000.sys and rename as "wdf01000.bak"

5. Now, format the installation of SetPoint 4.60 and install that again and the updated software, you can download from this location -

ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsuppo...etpoint460.exe

6. Restart your computer system.

After the restarting your computer , verify that the "wdf01000.sys" file is reinstalled completely in the specified at the proper location as path is specified above .

Hi guys ,

I am unable to get Setpoint to install and without installing it my mouse (MX400)and sometimes, it is getting down just upon a single click. this is strange, sometimes this will work well and suddenly entered in the previous situation , when I click something, it 'sticks' for about 1 to 2 seconds.Why, it is going on. Please suggest me something ...??

Any ideas? Thanks

Dr. V Guest

If you will figure out then you will find that another x64 Setpoint is available to use . And If you should Install that first and it is necessary that you have to install it as admin user, expect a notification suggesting that it has known problem (I don't remember the exact warning ). After these things, you should disconnect your device and wait for the windows notification sound and when you got the sound properly ,you can plug it back in and then start configuring. I am using setpoint x64 and it's going very well without any issues .