Thread: Its there a way to configure Setpoint to do a ctrl + click?

Its there a way to configure Setpoint to do a ctrl + click?

I have a MX Revolution as well as G7 my setpoint is an previous version that I use with ubber and performs very well , I didn't perform the installation of the latest version at the time just because it was making conflict with my games. I am not sure that if it performs anymore. But with setpoint and ubber that I could put almost any keystroke into the buttons of my mouse, but currently, it would become really able to use this in proper way if I could find a method on the another side button to issue a Crtl with the Right click . Is it possible to do ? If you have any help then please make me sure about that ...

Thanks you ..

Re: Its there a way to configure Setpoint to do a ctrl + click?

I know because I have used and some methods that can be used to configure this and would be as follows :

1. Configure to "Keys: Keystroke followed by Right Click" and issue the keystroke as Ctrl+ and in other hand there is one more method to do it, so let's try this also

2. Install AutoHotkey and modify the ahk file from this location C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\uberOptions\Mouse_shiftctrlclick_macros.ahk to send "MouseClick, right" instead of "MouseClick, left", execute the modifies file again, and configure the button to "Keys: F20"

One thing should be noted that this sends Ctrl down and click down on the button down, then click up and Ctrl up on the button up. You may get very good evolution by sending it all on button down instead.

I have recently purchased an MX Revolution and with the configuration of Logitech Setpoint as 4.72. But I have some issues and I am so much confused to solve this and it is looking so complex, the issue is that whenever I enter into the control Panel section to configure the mouse wheel scroll one screen/page at a time, the setting does accepted , it configures back
    with the previous value after the dialog is closed. Unfortunately, the setpoint software is important for some critical functions. Do you all have any idea, why it is going on like this ...

There are some less users got this type of error but no issues we always here to discuss our problems and solution . In the same manner, I am also running with the same Setpoint version, and not getting any issues like you are getting. Did you click on the Apply button in the right side of the dialog box before clicking OK ? On some different software's, it does make a difference. Also, you should close down or disable any anti-virus, anti-spyware, and any third party
    firewall like Norton or Zone Alarm before going to install this . You might have some luck in the in the removing procedure of Setpoint, shutting down AV, etc., and install that again with the proper suggestion as discussed above. I have had to do that before just because of the weird behavior after performing the installation of software.

I have done the incremental backups of Windows at the time of a clean installation. Doing one now. Performed a fresh installation of slipstreamed XP SP3 on a latest Intel motherboard (DP35DP). Scrolling one screen at a time going very great and without any single issue in different applications on a proper installation of Windows XP SP3 until Logitech's SetPoint tool is installed. After the install, when SetPoint is turned off , it works again. The scroll control formats (for the MX Revolution in Control Panel mouse configuration section and in the SetPoint software) are not similar, I suspect that has something to do with the issue . Likely there is a registry workaround while having the another "wheel" volume control (that is what I purchased the MX for).

Hi all,

I always get my MX Revolution to scroll one screen at a time in Microsoft supported applications an can be accessed via the Control Panel Settings section and configure it as the default Setpoint settings. By the way, this will revert back to line-based scrolling whenever I move to check the mouse properties from the Control Panel..

Does someone here are aware about the mouse settings in the Windows XP registry? There should be a method to get the MX Revolution to permanently settings for the scroll one screen/page at a time. Making the scroll wheel SetPoint configuration use sliders with acceleration instead of scrolling by line should be very well if this did not conflict with Control Panel mouse configurations .

Logitech's setpoint is one of the software which persistently reconfigure the registry value "WheelScrollLines" with like other than "-1". I am searching some methods for configuring the registry value as read only. Or maybe there is another workaround if Logitech is not capable or don;t need to resolve this issue .

I also have used to work with the prior versions of setpoint,but all of them are running with the exact behavior of restricting the "WheelScrollLines" to remain set at "-1" so that software will get the signal to scroll one page at a time. I wonder why Logitech would restrict applications from getting data to scroll one page at a time. A easy checkbox that makes disables the vertical scroll sliders and would go very in proper manner. I am disappointed that my MX Revolution mouse can't scroll one page at a time.