Thread: Catalyst Control Center Aspect Ratio

Catalyst Control Center Aspect Ratio

I have presently installed windows 7 on my computer. I have downloaded the latest CCC software and I cannot even open up the page properly to modify the option to sustain aspect ratio. If I click on it, I can see configure, however when I click on it, it sends me again to the welcome page! What is going on around? I am using Windows 7 Ultimate operating system with ATI Radeon HD 4350 with 2GB of RAM.
    Last edited by GameTracker; 04-06-2010 at 12:54 AM.

Re: Catalyst Control Center Aspect Ratio

What might have generally happened so far is that after you have installed the most recent Catalyst drivers, Windows Update may have installed a previous driver on top of it. It is a known problem for Windows 7. Turn Windows Update to notify and then uninstall the drivers. Restart your computer and then reinstall the most recent CCC drivers. If Windows Update provides you the driver another time, select to hide it and do not install it again.

I have an ATI 4850 connected to a 1440x900 screen. It happens that there are some games which are quite old do not go start in the same resolution. In these cases, the ati stretches the image to the edge of the screen without retaining the ratio of the original image. This leaves me with a awful picture.

So, do you know any trick that might help me?

I've been researching this topic from quite sometime, apparently there was a series of driver that was proposed with an option to keep the ratio checked in-game. This option has disappeared on the latest drivers.

I have installed the Catalyst Control Center (version 2008).
    For this you have to go to the option which is found in Digital Panel
    • You have to make it enable GPU Scaling
    • Also you need to select the Maintain Aspect Ratio.

First of you need to set your resolution to anything below your usual resolution. After that right click on your desktop and open CCC and set it to advanced mode if it is not already. At the top left side, click the Graphics menu and then Desktops and Displays. For your monitor, just click the little black triangle below, on the little picture and not the big one and click Configure. You must have selected the scaling options now, just check the Enable GPU scaling box and choose to Maintain Aspect Ratio and press Apply. Now you have to set your resolution back and play your games without any issues.