Thread: Error 158 in Windows Live Hotmail

Error 158 in Windows Live Hotmail

Recently I have started getting strange error while signing into Windows Live Hotmail.!! I am not able to sign in Windows Live Hotmail, on top of that I am not having much knowledge about the Hotmail. When I tried to search for an Error 158 on an Internet, I am not getting an appropriate results. So I thought that you guys must be knowing solution for this error.!! Please help me as soon as possible. I need to work on the Hotmail. Also I am expecting some more information about the Windows Live Hotmail, it would be grateful if anyone provides that.!

Re: Error 158 in Windows Live Hotmail

I would like to tell you that Live Messenger is very different from version 7.5, controls that can pass the pub. I encountered the same problem at first I could not log in by passing the security, I succeeded but I was disconnected very often. The problem was my firewall Zone Alarm, it will need version 7 for all the tricks of Messenger is taken into account. I do not know if AC can help you, but you may not have much to disable your firewall (Windows, personal, or freebox livebox) for a connection to see if the problem would not then continue.

I was facing the similar problem which was solved after using the trick. So the trick is to disable the TCP / IP is the cause of your problem but also a bulwark against the use of other software that use Internet mail software such innutilisable, anti-virus not updated when you are logged on the internet and many other things :
    1. Click the Windows logo bottom left
    2. Then click on all programs and then select the Accessories.
    3. Place yourself at the command prompt, right click it and Run as Administrator, should darken the window and it should ask you to continue if you are an administrator of the PC, otherwise you will a login and password Administrator.
    4. In the black window (MS-DOS) type the following command :
      netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel = disabled
    5. Then press the enter key, a message should appear and then you say OK, you just disable the TCP / IP ...

This will definitely work for you.

I would like to discuss about the main features of Hotmail webmail. The following are some features that may help you to know more about the Hotmail webmail :
    • The storage is 500GB for each user. Let me tell you that you will have to send and receive e-mails to reach this limit. In a strictly personal and even sending pictures, then you have a certain margin. In a somewhat more professional, we do not recommend using Hotmail. The many attachments and the security aspect of the data is not fully compatible with the webmail. In addition, management tools are a bit limited for professional use.
    • The spam filter: Did you know that spam represents approximately 90% of emails that pass through the world today? This argument should be enough to adopt a webmail with an effective spam filter. Windows Live Hotmail is one of those offering a webmail spam filter performance.

It is far from the Gmail filters with message rules, but Hotmail offers you to organize your mail into folders. Specifically, you can create folders and then classify the emails you receive. This sorting can be done manually but also automatically with automatic sorting function of message. This is also known as message rule for other webmail or email client. Remember for those who do not know yet, a message rule is a function of guiding or perform an action automatically when an incoming message meeting certain criteria. For example, one could say that the mail from the sender go directly into the maman@live.en Subramanium family, without going through the inbox. This is a message rule and Hotmail offers these filters configured.

• Import other email account (POP3 access): you have your Hotmail and would not use that webmail? Only you have previously created an email account to another webmail competitor. Know that you can easily receive such emails in your Hotmail account directly with this feature. You have understood, is a component of the war between the various webmail, but can also be handy.
    • Customization tools: many customization tools offered by the latest version of Windows Live Hotmail. Thus, you can no time to change the decor of your page, but also place where you want the reading pane of your mail, add a signature ... Of course, these settings are individual and you will find them automatically when you connect again to your Hotmail webmail.

The servers of Hotmail was originally under FreeBSD and Apache (open source software systems and Microsoft competitors) during the takeover by Microsoft, it was about to pass them quickly to Windows 2000 . In reality, the transition was very slow. It was accelerated when it was revealed in 2000 that a significant portion of servers and, more importantly, the most stable of them (those which the uptime was the longest), were still under FreeBSD . Currently, the Hotmail servers using Windows Server 2003 .