Thread: Working on Documents on Word 2008

Working on Documents on Word 2008

I have a Macbook in which I want to use Office 2008. Now in my friends system there is a older version of Office. I am trying to export some files. He has added some plugin which gives directly a zip file. But when I try to do this the file is not saved. He is also using Office 2008. I had worked on Microsoft Office usually so I want to use the same in my Mac system. What are the additional features of this tool and how to fix the above issue.

Re: Working on Documents on Word 2008

Better to disable or remove the plugin. If you have a setup disc for the same then you can run a repair process. Office 2008 offers the same applications as Office 2004 since the box found in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Entourage's which is terrible. The mail client of the suite of software such as Access or Publisher is still not in the package. Office 2008 for Mac keeps a close interface of the previous edition.

The new features of Word 2008 is a point out support for OpenType ligatures for an improved display links between police. However it is requires to display a check box in the Formatting Palette or you can go through the box dialog in Fonts page mode. In terms of fonts, it is noted that the fonts that ship with Office 2008 are somewhat more numerous than before.

File export is not so hard. You might not able to get that due to that plugin which you have installed. Just removed that and try out. Word 2008 also provides some help in function that can record quotes from a library of quotations to be reused for recreation in its documents and the ability to change styles in a single click. It is also found in the range of formatting a section devoted to document themes, as in Office 2007 it is possible to select a color for the current document.

For advance work at the architectural level and beyond the native x86 aspects, Word 2008 loses its support for VBA, Visual Basic for Applications language for creating macros and other automation scripts. Instead, Microsoft offers us a support technology Automator, a technology built into Mac OS X natively So of course, those who have developed applications in VBA for Word 2004 will only need to return to their desks to migrate their developments.

The one thing which I like in this new edition is that the software is finally able to read. Docx files and it natively, without roping outside. Naturally, the software is fully compatible with traditional Word files. Doc format. Also new, the native PDF export. Generating a PDF is therefore directly from the dialog to save files. The installation of the suite is relatively easy.

Remember at the end of the installation, Office 2008 will offer to uninstall Office 2004 if it is already present on your Mac. It centralizes the tools for memory formatting text and document risks becoming a little too dense with many a tabs and buttons is not always intuitive. Most of the commands in Word 2008 is indeed in this range and not in the toolbar. For each function, the said bar automatically expands to display a preview of different styles of items available.