Thread: Converting iTunes or Garageband files to mp3

Converting iTunes or Garageband files to mp3

I am working with a band group and we have just recorded a track on garageband which is looking embarrassed to say, we are unable to consider it out the actual procedure to convert it into the mp3 or another audio file. So it can move on MySpace. I have it as a Garageband file and as a iTunes file. If you have any solution regarding this then please help me out with this situation..

Re: Converting iTunes or Garageband files to mp3

This is very simple procedure to do if you are a regular user on that. There are some settings that you need to configure for that and you would get the file in different format as you have to just configure the import configure and that should be in iTunes to MP3 and after move to the Advanced section and then start the conversion procedure and select the "Convert Selection To MP3" in the menu bar. and that's all, the conversion procedure would be completed according to your file size ..

configure the import configure and that should be in iTunes to MP3 and after move to the Advanced section and then start the conversion procedure and select the "Convert Selection To MP3" in the menu bar.
    As you have posted,this is very primary solution for this and we have already tried this to do and but nothing come up as the conclusion or may be we are just taking some wrong steps to perform this. Nothing ...getting confused now

You should go with the following procedure and I am sure you wouldn't make any mistake now.

Go to preferences (Through cmd or itunes>preferences)
    Then after click on the importing tab and configure up the import using to mp3 codec. Then what setting you need to set up (192 kbps ) which is treated as better quality commonly.

Then after move back to your wav or aiff as you have imported from garageband into itunes and make right click on that. Now, you should press " convert selection to mp3 "and you recieve a converted mp3 file..If you have anymore confusion regarding this, so please post me your problems

Oh yeah !I am getting your suggestion and I have just tried it to do and having some issue . First of all, let me explain all these things and as you have suggested me to do such procedure, I have done it before and there is no one step that I was just missing out and also completed a garage band song and stored the converted file in another location . However, when I moved back to the Itunes and click file > import, garage band is not come-up as a possible source??? This is looking as a new issue for me , Any Idea

I am also running with the same issue . I have completed to record a song in garage band than i choose the option as " share to itunes" and removed the check tagged on the compress box in garage band during share with the itunes box raised up. from itunes, I pressed get info on the song which i have just imported and got that it was a .aiff format supported file. I then changed the option given as itunes to import with the mp3 encoder.Then after, right clicked on my .aiff file and choose the convert to mp3 and a new file highlighted. when I issues get info on that highlighted file, it said m-peg file not mp3. I have tried to upload it anyway onto myspace and it is not working anymore .

Running with some difficulties regarding the conversion of files . I am trying to convert my recording to mono mp3 with the help of Garageband. The website on which, I am working currently always support voice over work only and should be recorded in mono. I have tried converting via the popular software itunes, but itunes is stereo then get failed to do all that and now unable to do anymore . Do you all have any suggestion regarding this ..

Hi,
    If smb here really needs a good converter, I can advise the one I use - it's called MelodyCan.
    Converts both protected and non-protected files, and with good quality.