Thread: Is there any alternative for Mac-native Cocoa Dreamweaver?

Is there any alternative for Mac-native Cocoa Dreamweaver?

I am searching for the option of Dreamweaver, the most preferred one is Cocoa application, since the Adobe products are distended. Similar to the Dreamweaver, it must have the capability for allowing me to edit HTML pages and also allow me to view the page directly. I have used the applications like Coda and Taco, other than the thing is that they are only allowing me to edit the code but the functionality of previewing the page is missing.

Re: Is there any alternative for Mac-native Cocoa Dreamweaver?

Well you can try to use KompoZer that is a perfect web designing system that joints the web file management and it also comes with “what you see is what you get” functionality that is your first requirement. KompoZer is designed in such a way that it should be easy for the purpose of using; it is so easy that non technical person can also use this application

I am not an expert HTML programmer and I am not doing the HTML programming for just the hobby purpose, but the thing is that I will not suggest you to use Kompozer, as per my experience Kompozer is just a crap. I am not saying that Dreamweaver is the best software utility for HTML programming; there are many other that can be used for that purpose you just need to search for that.

You can try to use Flux but I want to make one thing clear that this Flux software is not allowing the editing of the fundamental XHTML code. This is not as fluidly as the text editor similar to TextMate, but for number of people this is good software for HTML coding and I am the one who is using this Flux for the purpose of HTML, but it totally depends on you whether you want to use it or not.

At the time I have updated the Mac OS X from the previous version, I was facing difficulty in finding a good “what you see is what you get” editor. Hence forcefully I have to shift to normal text editor but the thing is that after using the normal text editor I finished up with a very good thing. It is not really hard to get use to it.

I must admit that the Dreamweaver is a really editor, and it is one of the best editor, but the bad thing about it is that it is not free. The thing you get with the Firs Page, and I am not talking about the professional version of it. It is the best for beginners, I think there must some demo version so that novice user can learn from that.