Thread: GarageBand for Voice-Over

GarageBand for Voice-Over

As, I am a new guys for handling this type of situation . I am working as an fresh voice artist also and piecing together a home studio. I used to play with GarageBand to create the voice tracks. I am unable to find out the procedure or any method about the normalization of the volume. I am also wondering if GarageBand is a better software for what I need to do or should I move back to work with the Logic LE 7? What's your idea about this ....suggest me some good points ..

Re: GarageBand for Voice-Over

Hello dude, very well you are a voice over artist and also you explained the situation that what you actually wanted to do but there is some issue within this and you didn't clarified that. I have some question regarding whatever you told before. As you stated that normalizing the volume? I am not getting your point on this situation. Commonly, as I am aware about the means of this for me only, but what does it mean to you, actually ? Would you just tell me to clarify this !!!

The normalize volume suggest to create the wave form a same to level so through this one word would not be higher than some another. For instance, if I were organizing the test and said "testing one, two three and the last three would be louder in comparison to other two words" . There are some editing programs has a normalization property. One can highlight the phrase and apply the normalization feature and the the volume levels go ahead . That's it, I wanted to say actually .. Audacity contains that facility but I haven't find the same in GarageBand.

Yeah, I didn't worked on this before (garageband ), little bit with my friend. But if you wanted to find out the actual answers then you should continue with this searching and I don't have any specific answers about this but I know it's facilitates with a number of standard properties as for being free or packaged with ilife. I have played some counted on this and I am almost positive that this containing a normalization feature. Pro utilities has this for sure. Pro utilities are provided at the level of industry standard..

Actually, As you explained in your post about normalization procedure but not happened like this in the concept of normalization . Normalization manages the associated volumes beyond whatever region is getting normalized, but it increases the gain of entire stuff in the region by a uniform amount.

It performed like this by finding for peaks and interacting the value of the maximum one. So, if the loudest section is reached upon the -4.1 dB, then it will associate 4.1 dB of find everything. the loudest section is currently at 0 dB, but not all of the things will be placed at 0 dB. It does the exact thing as making up the fader 4.1 dB.

I am not using GB currently , so I am not sure if you may be able to automate
    the volume beyond the track, but some other DAWs facilitates it to do. it's complex work, but this feels like much better. you move through the performance,sequentially and create so quiet sections louder, and the too-loud sections quieter, just by making the absolute curve.

I will sometimes work with (hardware) compression , but I have performed that
    much than that for tone to manage dynamics. I think, this coluld be helpful for you .

I am not using GB currently , so I am not sure if you may be able to automate the volume beyond the track
    Yeah , you obviously can do it. There is a small triangle icon on every track which drops down a volume curve. this can be managed by associating control points upon the track. I would give you some advice that you get a better mic and begin again with the GarageBand. It should be just very well for creating voice-over demos.