Thread: Cannot Create Folder in Root using Time Capsule

Cannot Create Folder in Root using Time Capsule

I am using a Time Capsule and i have set everything. I have set one disk which has to be shared and have one Data Folder where all the back up of my Time Machine is present. Actually i want to create a new folder in a root but when i go to the Finder then the Root is disabled. Though i can create the folders in Data Folder but not in Root of Time Capsule drive. Any solutions?

Re: Cannot Create Folder in Root using Time Capsule

Thank god as i have got some partner who can share problem. Actually i have set up the Time Capsule and having the same problem. There is no option to create new folder in a root directory as it is juts grayed out. Actually i want to store many tune which would not be stored on mac due to not enough space.
    Is there anybody who can give idea for creating a new folder?

I am using the Time Capsule and i have never faced such kind of any problem. Actually there is no problem in creating the new folder in your Time Capsule, You just have to go to the First most column of the Finder and then create the new folder which in fact would have been created in root.

I guess Zedax is absolutely right, it is easy to create a new folder in Time Capsule but i guess you guys are new to use this because of which you got confused about it. Go to the First column in Finder which is a root. Suppose if you have connected a USB then it would shown there. You may try to do this for your kind information.

I think i have made a stupid mistake. Actually i was not having my eyes on this first column and just got stuck with the grayed part. I have created many folder now from the first column and they are successfully has been created. Even i have tried by connecting an USB drive it is shown on the same line as of other drives.