Thread: converting .NRG files into ISO and DMG

converting .NRG files into ISO and DMG

I have downloaded a .nrg which is nero disk image to work with the Parallels (I am working on windows Xp. I have taken the legal key through the msdn subscription but not getting any method to download the iso of the site since its completed through a down-loader (.exe)). Parallels however would not mount the downloaded file . Before some times, I had a same issue that I have monitored to convert the file to .dmg, but I am unable to find any way to perform that with .nrg files.

Anyone have done something like this ..?

Re: converting .NRG files into ISO and DMG

In this case, You have to take the support of an ISO file if you really need to manipulate or burn it on a mac. The BIN file are also applicable to perform this and as well as the zip variety. You are mostly going to download different file unless you can pick up a Windows machine to browse it up. If you are able
    to go like this then it would probably be simpler just to download from MSDN though.

If you are going in this way then let me suggest you that if nrg is just a single session ISO disk image, then you can just cut out the first some limited kb with dd that would be done from the Terminal.app as follows -

Code:
    dd if=image.nrg of=cdrom.iso bs=512 skip=600

Hello everyone ,
    One of my friend sent me a .nrg file. this is one of the proprietary file from the Nero disk burner software. I have monitored to download an application named as nrg2iso and after that I have just converted them into an iso file which is also treated as the image file, however I haven't been able to convert it into the dmg file then I can be able to mount it. I have tried the hdiutil command but received the error message as :

Code:
    tcsh: Ambiguous input redirect.
    Can somebody help me to convert the iso into a dmg?I will be so thankful to you ...

You are going to well, whatever you wanted to do but one thing you are just missing here, As you know , there is not any inbuilt provided utility that can allow you to be able to convert the files in different format , you have to go first for conversion of the files in the proper format and then go ahead for anything ..Just download the appropriate converter for this task..

NOTE : You don't require to convert .iso files to mount them. MacOS X mounts .iso images just well".
    Last edited by David23; 26-05-2010 at 11:54 AM.

MattyBoy, I am not getting your point, whatever you suggested above seems very complex. I am getting myself to understand actually , how exactly do I use the Terminal.app with proper estimation with such code and my dvd.nrg? Please make some more lights on such topic . I am still running with the problem,please suggest some appropriate fix for this

Quote Originally Posted by Rastogi B View Post
    MattyBoy, I am not getting your point, whatever you suggested above seems very complex. I am getting myself to understand actually , how exactly do I use the Terminal.app with proper estimation with such code and my dvd.nrg? Please make some more lights on such topic . I am still running with the problem,please suggest some appropriate fix for this
    You should have to Go for the Applications / utilities and then double click on Terminal to launch the terminal window. From such command line section,commonly type out the dd command as I have done in my previous psot . It will copy the .nrg file to the .iso file releasing the number of bites after skip=